EQ Kills for Mixtrack Pro

Default EQ Kills for Mixtrack Pro

Hi guys, I have a mixtrack pro and traktor pro 2, and whenever I use the EQ knobs and turn them totally down i can still hear sound, wondering if there's a way to kill the sound just using the knobs, as i remapped the kill buttons to control hotcues instead.

Change the EQ type to "Classic".

Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    Change the EQ type to "Classic".
    this is the best you can do, but you will still hear some music coming through..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

yeah i know, but could you map the eqs to act as kill buttons when you put them all the way down?

Tech Mentor

seems improbable to me, but then again, i dont even use traktor (yet)

on a side note, why do you need this? I mean I'm a bit ocd, but when would this be used? When blending tracks, just having the bass all the way down would serve the purpose..
    Last edited by buddha131; 01-09-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    I AM A DISK JERKER

i often use just the bass of one track on the mid/high of another towards the end so that i can mix them properly, or just when i'm messing about and learning new techniques
    and when you put the bass all the way down it doesn't kill it totally anyway :P

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

+-15db's used to be what the majority of DJ mixers had until around 1998/1999 when Pio's became standard and "almost" had kill and gemini knocked off the Don Blue with kill switches and rotaries.

I always find complete kill - well overkill ?

But in answer to your question you could in theory map your Pot being value=0 to kill engaged.

OR

Maybe Map a combo of filters in conjunction with EQ's which should kill I believe if its done right, pot value would be easier though.
    Last edited by deevey; 01-09-2012 at 04:08 PM.

could you tell me what pot value is lol i haven't heard of it

Tech Convert

I'm also very interested in this. I get quite annoyed at still hearing bass when I turn the bass EQ knob all the way down.