Hey Dj's!! Need Some DJ Gear Shipping Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Hey Dj's!! Need Some DJ Gear Shipping Help

Hey DJTT! Ok so I am moving in like 2 weeks from Atlanta up too the windy city of Chicago. I already have my apt, new job, and living situation straight. Im even booked for a couple gigs already out there!(actually supposed to be headlining one) So here's my issue, I have too get my gear up too Chicago!

So basically, does anyone have any experience shipping DJ gear? Anybody ever done something like this before? Know any company that will do this for very or somewhat cheapish? Personal experience would def be appreciated. The only thing that I'm really concerned about are my turntables and the turntable case. Everything else I could ship in a box, but the dimensions and the weight for the case, im just not sure about.

So if you guys could help me out, it would be much appreciated! I'll leave a description of my gear below.

2 Stanton TT's with the TT case (biggest item)
    1 Audio 10 interface
    2 5' KRK Rokit Speakers
    1 Traktor Kontrol S2
    1 Native Instruments Maschine
    XLR cords, RCA, ect ect
    15 inch macbook pro - Traktor Kontrol S2 - Stanton T-60's - Traktor Audio 10
    I'm Dj Kave Check me out : )
    Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/djkave
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/djkavex Fan Page : )

I'd venture to say that sending it the same way the rest of your stuff is going. Insurance should cover any mishaps.

Tech Mentor

Its just that the friggin UPS or Postal service is trying to charge me virtually hundreds of dollars for my case.

Can you take it with you, however you're getting there?
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Try FedEx, Sometimes they're better on heavy awkward kind of stuff. It's still going to be expensive though. You could also try a freight company, I would almost guarantee they would be cheaper, but they may not deliver to your new apartment.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I'm a little confused... how are you getting the rest of your things from Atlanta to Chicago?

Tech Mentor

or you could donate your gear to me
    i live near atl
    plz
    I AM A DISK JERKER

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    I'm a little confused... how are you getting the rest of your things from Atlanta to Chicago?
    Pretty much the majority of my stuff (5' Rokits, Audio 10, and cords) could all fit into a box loaded with padding and foam to be safe. That box I would ship too my apartment. The remainder of the equipment I could carry onto the plane in my backpack. S2 and Maschine, along with both of my laptops can fit in my Namba bag.

The only thing I would need to figure out is how to ship my TT's inside the coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Try FedEx, Sometimes they're better on heavy awkward kind of stuff. It's still going to be expensive though. You could also try a freight company, I would almost guarantee they would be cheaper, but they may not deliver to your new apartment.

I'm going to try and see what FedEx says after the holidays! Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I kinda don't need too spend over $100 for some shipping. I would hate too have to do that.

Welcome to chicago. How are you getting to Chicago yourself? Flying? It could be an option to fill a bunch of stuff in a car and drive. Or something. Its only supposedly an 11 hour drive. Not too bad really. Get a Uhaul put a bunch of crap in it and drive. You can save on a plan ticket and shipping stuff, and probably bring more stuff. Thats what I did.

Tech Mentor

^ What he said, I would just drive, it's not that bad. Just make sure you drive on safe roads.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast