Problems playing tracks on soundcloud using firefox.

Default Problems playing tracks on soundcloud using firefox.

I've been having this problem for a while now. I hit play, and nothing happens. Is soundcloud incompatible with the latest version of firefox? Tracks play fine with internet explorer. I hate to delete firefox, but if that is the case, I may have to go chrome.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Nobody else is having this problem?
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

yeah it's to do with adblock and flashblock... try temporarily disabling those plugins (or add the soundcloud url to the whitelist).

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Try going to settings then extras on the bottom right of the page. Click on HTML5 audio and see if that helps.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Ah, didn't even consider that. Thanks guys.

Default Ah, sweet frustration.

Ok. I'm SICK of Firefox choking every time I go to Soundcloud! It takes me 5 times as long for me to shuffle through my profile, my stats, and grab new tunes for my DJ sets than it did before Firefox and Soundcloud updated. "New and improved"? Hardly.

So, I added in some HTML5 gadgets to my Firefox add-ons. (Specifically, HTML5 Validator, HTML5 WebSQL for Firefox, Video Filters for HTML5 (beta), and HTML5 Toggle.) Overkill? Possibly. But I'd rather increase my odds with SOMETHING working than nothing at all. I also added an exception for Soundcloud to my AdBlock Plus like MiL0 suggested.

While this combo of HTML5 add-ons causes Soundcloud to load quicker (which add-on is improving this, I have no effing clue)...Firefox still chokes and starts that Not Responding crap. ( #EffingNewTech )

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Try going to settings then extras on the bottom right of the page. Click on HTML5 audio and see if that helps.
    I looked for that option and never located it. Care to offer a screenshot or something more I can go on?

I would use a different browser for when I go to Soundcloud, except I am running a Firefox-only add on that allows me to download 98% of the songs on Soundcloud's "new and improved" updated layout - whether it originally has a download link placed there by the artist or not. So...using Chrome or (eek) IE is NOT an option in my case.

Does ANYBODY have any other solutions to stop Firefox from choking on Soundcloud?

HELP.
    --DJ B-Naut || Atlanta, GA
    Electro House || Mashups || VJ

Toshiba L505 i3 8GB RAM Win 7 64bit / 2 Technics 1200 / Vestax PMC280 / Dicer / Akai APC40 / Numark NuVJ / Arkaos GrandVJ

Tech Wizard

I have absolutely no problem with Firefox and Soundcloud. I never have and I've done absolutely nothing special to it. Sorry that doesn't help but it sounds like it's either your OS or your computer or maybe you've altered the settings somehow (it could be that add-on you're talking about).