Can MF 1.4 be emulated in Glovepie?
    Tech Convert

Default Can MF 1.4 be emulated in Glovepie?

Hi guys. I'm pretty darn sure that this topic has not been properly explored before and I will understand if DJTT mods delete this thread.

The question that I would like to pose is this: Is it possible to get Glovepie to emulate the Midifighter Pro?

Having gone through the TSI file for the MFP, I am convinced that in order to unlock the full potential of the faders (or potentiometers on the gamepad), one must make Glovepie act like the MF 1.4 board.

The readme file on MF 1.4 source is as follows:
    What's New in Version 1.4
    =========================

* The delay before checking to see if menu mode or bootloader has been
    requested as been increased making this process more reliable.

* The mapping for the analog expansion inputs has been updated, introducing a 3 bit dead zone at either end.

So far, I've found the following post which has two examples of how we can programme the gamepad analog sticks for this purpose:

Extraclassic:
    midi.Control1=(joystick1.x/261)+64
    midi.Control2=(joystick1.y/261)+64
    midi.Control3=(joystick1.z/261)+64
    midi.Control4=(joystick1.roll/261)+64

alequ:
    midi.channel1.Slider1Fine=MapRange(Joystick1.x, -1,1, 0,1)
    midi.channel1.Slider2Fine=MapRange(Joystick1.z, -1,1, 0,1)
    midi.channel1.Slider3Fine=MapRange(Joystick1.y, -1,1, 0,1)
    midi.channel1.Slider4Fine=MapRange(Joystick1.roll, -1,1, 0,1)

I don't really understand the above examples thus I'm not sure if it is possible to programme Glovepie in a way that it would produce the same effect as the MFP sliders.

I don't expect the DJTT readers to put a full blown tutorial here. DJTT has a business to run. But perhaps, can one point me and other readers to a Glovepie resource, where we can understand how and make benefit from this glorious programme better? I can't find a tutorial online.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

I'm pretty darn sure that this topic has not been properly explored before and I will understand if DJTT mods delete this thread.
    Why would they do that?

I sadly didn't get what you are trying to do exactly. So please explain it and we'll see what we can do.
    DJDiscourse.com the new DJ community

there's been a lot of threads about emulating the classic mf for the instant grat mapping. there's a few scripts to do that. i guess u want to emulate super faders from a normal fader?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Convert

Is that what they are called? Ya. Superfaders.

I know there are some examples here on DJTT, but surely there is a Dummies Guide for how to program glovepie out there. I can't find it.

I'm not a programmer, but I'm willing to try

Hedgehog: I wouldn't want to go after DJTT's ricebowl. But seriously man... MFP is bloody expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by silencer View Post
    Is that what they are called? Ya. Superfaders.

I know there are some examples here on DJTT, but surely there is a Dummies Guide for how to program glovepie out there. I can't find it.
    don't think there's that kind of guide anywhere but all u really need to know is how to use if/endif's and what attributes your input device has that u can find from here http://glovepie.org/w/index.php?title=Script_Language but even that u don't really need as the glovepie gui shows u what attributes are available as u are typing.

best idea is to find some script which does some of what u want and hack around with it. the xypad script i wrote is at the top of this page http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...t=32826&page=2

I'm not a programmer, but I'm willing to try
    i've only written a couple of glovepie scripts but can probably help with any details.

Hedgehog: I wouldn't want to go after DJTT's ricebowl. But seriously man... MFP is bloody expensive.
    true... i picked up a 2nd hand MF classic a while back. they're not priced badly new either. the mfpro just adds 4 buttons and a few faders and bumps the price waaaaaaaaay up tho very nice devices i'm sure but not quite the "work of art" that the classic's are
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

i did a couple of scripts in glovePIE

PM me if you have some detailed questions.

btw:

i think you can emulate a superfader pretty easy:

[not in the exact glovePIE language as i didn't work with the code for a while, but the logics could behave as following]

full_range = [your game slider]

CC_A = (full_range - 3)*(127/121)

if full_range > 64
    then CC_B = (full_range - 64)*(105/61)
    else CC_B = 0
    end If

if full_range > 3
    then note_A = on
    else note_A = off
    end if

if full_range > 124
    then note_B = on