Will you buy the Xone K2?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will you buy the Xone K2?

Just curious how many of you already plan on buying the K2 web it is released. I have had the S2 for a few weeks and am thinking of adding an X1 or a K2. I love knobs/faders/buttons. I figure I could control sample
    Decks with the x1/k2 an not have to toggle the cue buttons.

Could I also have all 4 effects at my finger tips? 2 on the s2 and 2 on the k2?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I like the latching layers and fades on the K2 and will probably buy one or two. Not before I wait to see if NI has something up their sleeves though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

No plans to buy it. The vast majority of it would stay un-mapped, and it'd basically end up an X1 that's laid out worse and not labeled.

I'm perfectly happy with my X1s for the time I'm on TPro, and when I make a change to my DJ setup, it'll be away from controllers.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Yessir, already sold my X1. Planning to get 1 or 2 units, not sure yet.

Regarding the FX, yes, you coul. I had the X1 doing that among other things (http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=199).

I'm selling the S4 as well and going a lemur & k2 route. Need a hybrid setup that works as well to process my band live. Throwing in a Saffire Pro 24 as interface.

Basically I needed faders in a small package.
    Last edited by padi_04; 01-10-2012 at 05:30 PM.

But for x1 owners, i really dont see a tremendous benefit to adding k2 at least as far as the known capabilities go.
    One answer comes to mind: faders to control FX. From the quality of the type of control itself to the potential ability to control several fx parameters or different ones with only one hand (not something you can do with knobs). That's something I really miss from the 1d &2d I used to have.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

faders for fx usage is awesome, might not look as cool as twisting a knob but is way more versatile imo.

Will buy a pair for sure, perfect backup and perfect tight small mixer. Not sure if I'll always use it with Traktor but I'll definitely find an application for.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Convert

I'm currently thinking of buying one K2 - mainly for controlling Deck D in Sample mode. I think that the slider makes sense for Sample Deck use compared to X1. I currently have X1 with custom mapping in Midi mode to control Sample Deck but it is not perfect.
    But I'm still waiting if there is any better options revealed in NAMM...
    ---
    Haxor from Haxor&Roxor
    http://haxorroxor.com

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    faders for fx usage is awesome, might not look as cool as twisting a knob but is way more versatile imo.
    the human wrist is such that you can control a rotary with far higher accuracy than a line fader. i guess faders are all right for quick coarse movements but for smooth control, knobs are better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast