[VDJ] Novation Launchpad mapper and mapping tool - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i love your map its almost perfect what would have put it over the edge fpr me would be effects buttons but other then that awesome job

I am having difficulty figuring out how to create a new page. I would like to create a 4th page to map how I feel fit before attempting to edit what you have already made.

I guess my other question is where should I start, if I want to design a map completely from scratch?

copy the definition file and delete all the content from the mapping XML... Then you can just go into VDJ's mapper and press key learn to set the focus on a particular button and use either VDJ Script or just autolearn to fill in the actions...

After that you will need to add the LED commands, you can find those in the dropdown list at the top right of the mapper window in config. To trigger basic on/off you can just map the same command for the LED as the button, but if you want more advanced stuff you can use conditional variables eg if you want the led to blink while an effect is active but be on when the effect is off "It's bad example but should show you the syntax"

effect active ? blink 500ms : on

the syntax works like this:
    query ? action if true : action if false

if you want to add more virtual layers you will need to allocate a button to set a shift eg

toggle 'myCrazyShift'

then query the state of that on the buttons and LED's and prepend it to the existing script eg

var 'myCrazyShift' ? action if true : old script
    Last edited by synthet1c; 11-26-2012 at 05:56 AM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    copy the definition file and delete all the content from the mapping XML... Then you can just go into VDJ's mapper and press key learn to set the focus on a particular button and use either VDJ Script or just autolearn to fill in the actions...

After that you will need to add the LED commands, you can find those in the dropdown list at the top right of the mapper window in config. To trigger basic on/off you can just map the same command for the LED as the button, but if you want more advanced stuff you can use conditional variables eg if you want the led to blink while an effect is active but be on when the effect is off "It's bad example but should show you the syntax"

effect active ? blink 500ms : on

the syntax works like this:
    query ? action if true : action if false

if you want to add more virtual layers you will need to allocate a button to set a shift eg

toggle 'myCrazyShift'

then query the state of that on the buttons and LED's and prepend it to the existing script eg

var 'myCrazyShift' ? action if true : old script
    This is an awesome place to start. Thank you very much. I printed your reply for when I am working on it. HaHa.

Default Finished Mapping My LaunchPad The Way I Want

Thank you everyone in this thread for sharing what they know, especially synthet1c and flangeordie.

After only a few weeks I have finished mapping my LaunchPad the way I want! I'll share the actually mapping file once I clean it up a bit and finish testing EVERY aspect of it. Wouldn't want to share it if a button didn't work. Here is a chart the shows the layout and colors on the initialization of it upon loading VDJ.Subcycle's Novation LaunchPad Mapping (INIT Colors).jpg

It almost controls everything in VDJ and all 80 buttons are put to use. This is a configuration that I really like for my style of DJing. And with the sample and loop controls so close it creates a lot of space for live remixing capabilities if your timing is good enough. Some buttons like the ones labeled "Deck # Tempo" blink the tempo of their respective track so you can quickly see each tracks BPM.

For information on this map is on my Facebook Page.

Thanks again for all your help guys, and now that I know what I'm doing I'll try to help anyone else too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Effects

Hi,

How do you program the effects on the mapper? When I press the effects button, it does not choose different effects.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wafiksedhom View Post
    Hi,

How do you program the effects on the mapper? When I press the effects button, it does not choose different effects.

Thanks
    You can do it a few ways. I have my map set where 4 different buttons activate 4 different effects on the selected deck.
    Code:
    <map value="B_6-8" action="effect &quot;BeatGrid&quot; active" />
    So in VDJ's action textbox it looks like this: effect "BeatGrid" active.

OR you can have a button work as the trigger to activate the effect and another button or two to cycle through the effects available. But without a screen to display which effect is loaded with just buttons it gets confusing this way.
    Code:
    <map value="B_6-8" action="effect select +1 />
    the map value is used it where I have mine placed, replace that with the button you desire.

Thumbs up Thank You So Freaking Much

Thank you so much, I have been looking for this since I bought the launchpad. Keep on doing what you do. Last thing I wanna say is I Love It

Default Thank You So Much!

Got my ableton Launchpad today and have no idea how to use it (neither do i know how to use ableton) so i downloaded this to help!

Default help please

Quote Originally Posted by flangeordie View Post
    Something like this?

Loops, loop out, and play blink when active

The pitch bend is set to 2% every half second, you can change that

Novation Launchpad mapping.xml

If the filename has underscores, replace them with spaces
    Is there any way i can add this as the fourth setting on me launchpad??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast