[VDJ] Novation Launchpad mapper and mapping tool - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default VDJ and Launchpad S

hello, i just picked up a Launchpad S. Its my first pad device and i wanna set it up to run effects and loops in VDJ in tandem with my Reloop terminal Mix 4. However i cant seem to get VDJ to pick up the mapping file for the launchpad. Is there some difference in syntax or something between the launchpad S and the original launchpad?

Question I have Mac :(

What if i have Mac and cannot open .EXE? :'(

Default Launchpad S mapping?

Hello! I am relatively new to VDJ and I'm having some problems trying to get this to work with the current mapping. Nothing is working for me and I've tried re-doing the whole Launchpad mapping tool and what not. My controller does not light up, nor do the buttons work. Is there any way I can get more in depth directions like a step by step video, or pictures? Sorry for the bother! But if you can help me out, Thank you very much!

hi all,
    anyone knows how to make a vu meter with the novation launchpad?

for example i tried to take 8 buttons (a column) and set them to different values of volume (well that was a try, not really a vumeter) but the problem was that i don't know how to set intervals, if i set that a led illuminates at 90% of volume it does only if volume is exactly 90%, so it's incompatible to use as a indicator of the console fader...

Tech Student

Wink it keeps saying it cannot locate xml file when i search for the mapper

Quote Originally Posted by flangeordie View Post
    My buddy and I have a Denon DN-MC6000 and a Novation Launchpad. Seeing the amazing potential of adding 80 buttons to our setup, each with variably coloured LEDS, I made a project out of building a mapper that would make use of the Launchpad as a supplement to the mixer. Since there was no way I was settling for anything less than fully working coloured LEDs, there was a lot of work ahead. Along the way I wrote a little program to help me (mapping got REALLY repetitive and tedious), and now that I'm "finished" I want to share. I understand the limited scope and use of this mapper and tool - it's tailored to my specific setup. So I'm just posting here because there may be another one of me out there looking for something like this.

The mapping is split into 3 "pages", designed for use beside our MC6000:

1. Samples, loops, key, etc: the main page used when mixing solo, functions are largely unique from the mixer

(The DN-MC6000/VirtualDJ combo by itself is really, really lacking/inconvenient in the area of samples! The top half of this page basically allows us to have a useable-on-the-fly sample deck, which otherwise we could not.)

2. Effects: main effects also located on our mixer, so designed around the idea of having a second person doing only effects

3. EQs, levels: really just a fun way to do it, not for anything serious (see pajamas )

Lights flash, change colour, or otherwise indicate whether their function is active, where necessary.

I tried to keep the number of lights used low, as the Launchpad has a crappy slow USB connection, and lots of updates sent to it in a short period of time will cause all of VDJ to hang temporarily. Which is bad. I believe this would be better if Novation had given the Launchpad its own power supply separate from its USB connection, but it is what it is, right?

Here's what the tool looks like:

Its entire purpose is to save you time digging through XML files (or dealing with XML at all, really) looking for LED colours that correspond to buttons. 80 buttons with 4 (in my case) LED colours for each means 400 entries = messy! Now they are all organized with their actions.

Adaptation (development) of this tool or something similar for other controllers is also definitely possible.

(EDIT: moved to attachment)

Finally here's a link to a zip file containing:

device definition file
    mapper file
    the above layout pictures
    the mapper tool exe
    a readme for all the above

Cheers
    yea it be appreciated

Default Mapper

Is this still available? cant find attachment.

Could you please fix the download link? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by flangeordie View Post
    Something like this?

Loops, loop out, and play blink when active

The pitch bend is set to 2% every half second, you can change that

Novation Launchpad mapping.xml

If the filename has underscores, replace them with spaces

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234