I'm stuck at a crossroads; S4 or VCI 400 Ean Golden Edition, which way do I go? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The VCI 400 wont cost over a grand? Nooo, you must mean dollars right?
    http://www.essbeedee.com

Where I work - www.juno.co.uk - "Worlds biggest online Dance music store. DJ Mag award for Best Record Store 3 years running."

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Invoke View Post
    just get the vci. the one thing i hate the most about my s4 is that its freaks the fuck out whenever I play outdoors and its starts to get cold.
    Shit son, I have the same issue. Thought it was a just me sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Invoke View Post
    the one thing i hate the most about my s4 is that its freaks the fuck out whenever I play outdoors and its starts to get cold. the s4 is great but the build quality is it's biggest weakness.
    oh wow, good to know...

i've used my vci100 out in 100F+ gigs, as well as 40-50F gigs with no issue. and it feels built like a tank, and I would assume the 400 is similarly sturdy...

i LOVE my vci100, but i'm leaning toward a 400 EG edition
    !
    Vista | Traktor Pro 2 | VCI-400 EGE | VCI-100 Arcade | MF Pro Beat Masher | MidiFighter Classic (pics)
    Soundcloud

I have an S4 right now, and if I had a choice between the Ean Golden 400 or S4 at this point in time, I would take the VCI400 Ean Golden edition. Thing looks phenomenal. No doubt that the S4 is a great unit, but I'm a huge Ean Golden fan boy and I feel like the instruments he develops are phenomenal and even though you may not use all the functions right away you still have the option too.

I picked up a MF last year to do some cue point juggling and work on effects and I never happened to cue point juggle for the longest time. Right after I sold my MF I missed it so much cause I loved the instant gratification mapping (which was the only thing I was using my MF for) I bought another one but this time a Pro, and now I've been dabbling more and more into cue point juggling, etc. It's just nice to have the arsenal to try out something new once in a while even if you don't use it all the time.

I just went and had a quick look at the VCI-400 and the s2 in West End DJ.

The shop was shutting so only had a chance to play on the s2 which was hooked up to traktor but could touch and feel the vci400

must say 400 is a really nice controller, quality feel and actually looks nicer in real life than in pictures.

It's actually same size as an S2 (so smaller than an s4).

My main concern is the resolution of the jog wheels on 400 compared to s2/s4. The feel of them was really nice.

I'm gonna back on Saturday and have a go with it hooked up to Traktor.

I really like the simple uncluttered layout of the s2 though i must say

S4 is just too big physically IMO

VCI 400 Ean Golden edition will be amazing
    Last edited by MaxOne; 01-11-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    S4 is just too big physically IMO
    what? the S4 is basically the SMALLEST i would want a piece of gear and I still think the cue/play section on it is totally awful with those tiny buttons....

I want Pioneer to make a professional controller of same quality as their CDJ2000 decks and I'll gladly spend the money for a quality product.
    Kontrol S4 | Novation Remote 25SL Mk.I | Macbook Pro | Shure SRH750DJ
    Soundcloud | Facebook | iTunes Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Wilde View Post
    what? the S4 is basically the SMALLEST i would want a piece of gear and I still think the cue/play section on it is totally awful with those tiny buttons....

I want Pioneer to make a professional controller of same quality as their CDJ2000 decks and I'll gladly spend the money for a quality product.
    Well... they make CDJ2000s... get a couple of those if money is no object
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Well... they make CDJ2000s... get a couple of those if money is no object
    never said money was no object, and honestly you can do more with a S4 than you can with two cdjs. I dont see the point of cdjs anymore.
    Kontrol S4 | Novation Remote 25SL Mk.I | Macbook Pro | Shure SRH750DJ
    Soundcloud | Facebook | iTunes Podcast

im waiting on ean video for the vci

Soundcloud sounds!
    Twits and tweets!

Tr1 is massive and made by pioneer.

I actually think the build isnot as bad as some people think

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast