DJM 700 or DJM 900 Nexus?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default DJM 700 or DJM 900 Nexus?

Hey Guys,

I'm brand new to posting on this forum but I've been checking in from time to time reading various posts. I've been trying to determine which mixer to pickup. I've currently got a DDM 4000 (I know, cheap.) and it's time to make an upgrade. I really think I'd like to pickup a DJM-700, everyone I've talked to says it's pretty much identical to the DJM-800 which has been recently discontinued and the new professional DJ standard would be the DJM-900 nexus. I'm just looking to get some feedback from someone who uses the 700 or the 900 on a regular basis to point me in the right direction. Thanks guys!

I personally wouldn't buy a DJM 700 since it lacks inline filters like the 800/900 which is a deal breaker for me.

If you are dead set on pioneer just get a used djm 800 it's probably the same price or less. Or just get a 900.

Or you know, a better mixer.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 01-10-2012 at 07:03 PM.

I use the 700/800/900 on a regular basis (i own a 700) and my residency has a 800 and i guest on a 900 a lot. I bought the 700 for a home mixer because i thought i would miss the channel filters or colour effects.. Boy was i wrong.

I'm not an effects person but i just miss having them there.. Oh and the build quality of the knobs and faders on the 700 are shocking compared to the older brothers..

I will be selling up soon for a 900/2000. Don't get me wrong the 700 does the job i want it too.. I just miss that extra bit.

I also have a 700. Its nice for home use, but coming from a 800, its the little bit of effects and such that I really miss. I love my 700 though its a great great mixer. But eventually I'll probably upgrade to a 900. 2000 is too monstrous but a 900 would be so so nice. touch pad for effects etc etc. So nice.

Tech Mentor

I'm a DJM900NXS owner. For thr price its the mixer to get. I paid 1500$ (new) flat for mine. I have seen them go for 1200$ (used) now. The fact I get a soundcard was a plus for me Traktor Certified and Ableton useable Sold me also. My history with Pioneer gear is:

DJM500
    DJM600
    DJM900NXS.

Love the fact I can midi map on the 900, Effects are superb. Easy layout and the Efects ribbon is so awesome. Go for it man you'll enjoy it. I have heard of some poeple having issues on the old 900. So make sure you pick up a newer model. Check PioneerDJ forums to read other opinions and owners of DJM900/2000.

I have a 700 at home, may not have the inline filters, but it does it, just select the channel......as for the efx, I like them, even tho it doesnt have the 'color efx'.....solid mixer, and not 'discontinued' like the 800........Would love to buy the 900, but I dont need the soundcard and that many efx.........

900 if you can
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Liambo View Post
    Oh and the build quality of the knobs and faders on the 700 are shocking compared to the older brothers..
    Weird. The 800 feels like crap to me, though it's legitimately possible I've never touched one that hadn't been abused. The 900 finally feels like a real mixer to me, but I don't think it's worth the cost at all.

Pioneer mixers are the easiest things in the world to play on…maybe you'd have to learn the effects if you're going to be an effect whore, but I don't think they're worth learning or using compared to a dedicated unit or just not being an effects whore.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Or you know, a better mixer.
    That's what I'd do, but I have a weird definition of "better," to a lot of people.

At least it doesn't sound like shit like the DJM 600 did.

Tech Wizard

Well, i can tell you that i have a 900nexus i love it but it's was a little high priced. I never really used a 700 much but i can tell the effects seem better in the 900.

got the 800, used 500,600,400,700,900

the 800 second hand is probably the best bang for the buck you can get.
    900 is sweet but it's such a big price difference between em..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast