best place for songs...

Default best place for songs...

Hi, im still new to all this and was wondering where the best place is to find music.

Im aware of the website juno but i dont really know much else.

I would preferably like it free but everything i download off torrents and stuff is mixes and whatnot and therefore only short versions of the tracks generally. What im really looking for is some dj friendly versions to get me going.

I don't mind paying by all means, atm though im only practicing with them so the cheaper the better!

Thanks

Even though I'm kind of new around here, I'm gonna imagine that most people around here aren't gonna be real keen on torrents/stealing music. lol. Not that I haven't done it.

To answer your question: beatport.com

EDIT: I didn't read your whole post. My bad. Sorry to sound like a dick. But yeah beatport has tons of different music. Just be aware it's a little more expensive than say, iTunes or Juno or amazon.com or something. But it's worth it.
    Last edited by Lambox; 04-03-2009 at 12:00 PM.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I use emusic. The organization blows, but it's not expensive ($50 for 200 songs) and once you learn your way around you can find almost anything.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

i'll not give any tipps how to download music for free. the shops i use are beatport and dance-tunes.com, but it depends on the style of music you are playing.

dj booth: macbook pro 15"/audio 8 dj/xone 32/vestax vci 100/vestax cdj05/2x stanton t-80/traktor
    production desk: iMac 20"/Yamaha HS80M/digi 002/focusrite octopre/m audio axiom 49/reason/ableton live

DJ TANNER-foul house mixtape

I use zero inch and djdownloads
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

For free and legal downloads, try http://www.jamendo.com/

The tracks you find here are mostly unsigned artists, but there are some good tracks here and there. You can also get most of them in FLAC format.

This site is by no means a beatport or itunes store, but if you want legal free downloads, this one would work.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

turntablelab.com has an amazingly eclectic selection. they've introduced me to a lot of off-the-rails music i never imagined listening to or playing.

I heard the internet has a few great tunes on it .