Traktor Pro 2

Thread: Traktor Pro 2

Default Traktor Pro 2

Since first installing it I've had a terrible amount of issues from mapping sample decks to volume issues. After tons of searching on the native instrument forums and even asking for help I figured ask you guys. I can deal with sample bank issues but the one I can not deal with is the headphone cu split, the volume on the master is so incredibly loud that my cue has to be at 70% or so and then master is way too low to hear it good. I tried multiple re installs and still same issue. Sound cards are a xonar and Realtek built in headphones running from Realtek. On a side note the issue maybe other way around and cue too loud but I'm certain it's not. At work so can't check. Any thoughts if in wrong area please move and sorry

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Leave the Master and Monitor Volume knobs at 0db, set your headroom (prefs>mixer>levels>headroom) to -6db. Sounds to me like it's a multiple soundcard setup problem tho.

What sample mapping issues are you having?

Default Traktor Pro 2

Every time I map my banks on my x1 they don't trigger like the bottom half of my x1 is not mappable for them even after wipping all mappings. I haven't messed with it lately since it really annoyed me the headphone issue. If have time will check headroom tonight see if messing with it results in any change. For what its worth I have 2 x1 and a numark total control. Only tried mapping with one x1 and total control connected never tried with both connected as initially thought this to be the issue.

I may try a pre made map for sample banks and x1 if the headroom resolves the issue. Could be a sound card config issue but problem isn't present in 1.2.7 and both are setup the same way

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's a default X1 sample deck mapping that is in your settings folder. Try and start with that and delete what you don't need.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Default Traktor Pro 2

Yeah I initially tried that but wouldn't work will give another go with it if can fix cue mix problem hoping the headroom suggestion mends the issue

Default Traktor Pro 2

Thanks for the headroom tip worked like a damn much appreciated.