TSP Pro Recording and Pitch/BPM adjust w/cdj 1000

Default TSP Pro Recording and Pitch/BPM adjust w/cdj 1000

Ok, after reading the manual and searching within DJTT and the NI forums i am still left with two pressing questions. I have finally got the hang of most of Traktor's functionality and feel comfortable playing after 4 months of hard work. I have to be able to record and burn my mixes for new gigs.

#1 I have found out how to record and where the wav file is located but there is no sound on the recording? Do i need additional hook ups between my xone92 the audio 8 and my mac? currently i have can a and b on the audio 8 connected to xone channels 1 & 2 and the usb connected to the mac . I think perhaps the routing within the preferences could be my issue? This question is my priority due to only not having my mixes burned holding me back from new gigs.

#2 I am playing on 2 cdj 1000's and the xone92 and still after all this time cannot adjust the bpm through the Cdj's. I have to adjust on the computer which works fine but I am curious it i should be able to just adjust on the cdj's?

I have gained so much knowledge from DJTT and thanks everyone within the community for sharing their knowledge. Any help on these issues would be priceless.

Cheers~
    S4 - X1 - Macbook Pro

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

#1: I think you need to connect the xone to the Audio8, to one of the available Ins. I don't think you can record internally using time code.

#2: You should be able to change the pitch with the CDJ1000's. It always just worked for me when I used my turntables, but I've never used the time code CDs.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Thanks for the reply...

When you say you may not be able to record internally using time-code cds do you mean that i cannot use TSP's record function with the time-coded cd's?

Also, I too can easily adjust BPM when playing regular cd's on the cdj's but cannot adjust the bpm on the cdj's with the time-code cd's.

Frustrated in the ATL~
    S4 - X1 - Macbook Pro

No, what I mean is that you need to plug the Booth Our, or Record Out of your mixer into an IN on the Audio8 and set the input in Traktor. Then you should be able to record the audio.

As far as I know, you should be able to change the pitch. Are you using the multi-core cables?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

You're correct sir! I probably should have known this from previously recording my mixes through a M-Audio firewire solo. Too bad the audio 8 does not have 1/4 inch inputs. Intro to the world of audio adapters ahead...

Much appreciated~

Anyone that can help with Pitch/BPM adjustments with the Time-Coded CD's & CDJ1000's please holla!
    S4 - X1 - Macbook Pro

Just go to Radio Shack and get a pair of phono to quarter inch connectors. Should be $3 total, ish.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Just got back from Guitar Center with the goods and I am hooked up and completely stoked right now. Checked Radio Shack first seeing that it's right around the corner and to no avail...Radio Shack is WACK. Paid 7 bones for Live Wire at GC.
    S4 - X1 - Macbook Pro

You got Live Wire?

wow...

it might be easier to get the connectors later, but if it works for you then it works.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall