Is a NetBook ideal for djing (Just looking for opinions) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Wizard

The Lenovo "X" series, to me, is IMO the best no compromises small laptop I've worked with. They're barely bigger than a netbook, but have a full size keyboard, i5\i7 processors, hold up to 8gb of RAM, and are rock solid.

I have an X201 with 8gb of ram and a 128gb SSD that is really fast and rock solid with Traktor (I've also played around with Traktor + Ableton on it and it has the juice to run both with no clicks\pops\hanging). It's the last gen model i7, my girlfriend (and my employer) just bought X220's, the newer model with the newer i5 (slightly faster than my old i7). The X220 takes a slightly thinner than normal ssd (7mm), but once I get the time to load up the SSD I have no doubt it will be faster than mine.

Tech Guru

Haha I love all the people claiming a mac air to be a "netbook" wasnt a netbook sposed to be cheap.......

From personal experience I used a samsung netbook with the famous intel atom processor that everyone hates with 2 gb's of ram for over a year.... It never let me down... I did a 6 hour set on it multiple times with no problems.... these days they are a lot more powerful... my mixing style consists of 2 decks and 2 fx's decks and it worked perfect... I really prefare it to my 15.6 inch samsung because it sits out of the way a lot more and stops me staring at the screen constantly.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123