Simple rekordbox question

Default Simple rekordbox question

Let's say I export a playlist to a usb key. Can I then copy those exported files to another usb key? Or must I go through the export process again for that 2nd usb key? Does it matter? Reason I ask is because for some reason rekordbox exports the playlist but it never shows up in the 2nd usb key (thus the reason for me wanting to simply copy the exported playlist from 1 key to the other).

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Copy everything (even hidden files) to the 2nd USB key and you got yourself a duplicate.

The rekordbox-relevant files are stored in the root of the usb-key. I'm not sure whether these are hidden files or not. You need to copy them to the other usb-key anyways.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

ok, i copied the entire "contents" folder over to a 2nd usb. as long as you think that's ok...

but i don't see any other files other than the tracks themselves, am i supposed to see any other kinds of files? as well each track is in an individual folder within the contents folder for some reason. in my other thread i asked whether this is normal or not.

Just export it again if you're worried.

Or if you're on OS X, use Disk Utility or /bin/dd to make a copy.

that's the thing, the dam export function isn't working on my 2nd usb. it goes through the whole export process and then i check my usb and it's not there (although in devices in rekordbox it shows the playlist as being there).

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

As seen on the other thread:

Look what I found :

DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

I have the same issue. One club I play at dont have link between their cdjs (900), and the other one use cdj350. I therefor need to take two usb keys with me as a duplicate of each other, but rekordbox seem to do something weird. It updates the playlists but never export the actual files, similar to what the OP said. How can I fix this problem?

actually
    and im not positive this will work for you but

Use itunes.
    Create the same playlist in itunes
    then rightclick that playlist in the left panel
    it will ask if you want to
    EXPORT THE PLAYLIST --- this would be yes
    and theres another function to export all the files as well

This will take all the music from that playlist as well as the XML file and drop it in your key.

See if that can work for you man.