TouchOSC Midi Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default TouchOSC Midi Help

Hi,
    So i'm trying to get my iphone hooked up as a midi controller with traktor. I followed a few guides and I understand how it all works. But the one problem I cant figure out is regarding MIDI Yoke. Im not entirely sure what it does, but it would appraar that it allows the midi to communicate with a program.

But when i install midi yoke the ctrl light is on and the program acts strange (song puts iteslf on very small loops and skips around till it pauses itself, and deck B is always playing. This stops only when I uninstall midi yoke, and starts again when i reinstall. Inhave also tried LoopBE which does the same thing, but i get pretty much the same the same thing.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks

Yes, go to Hexler's website, they've just released a new program called TouchOsc Bridge for easier connecting.
    You don't need Midi Yoke, get rid of it. Keep Loopbe1. You may have a midi conflict somewhere inside your mapping(s), check also the in & out ports of your devices.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

I actually just got around to Getting it working with ableton last night.. I didn't need midi yoke or anything, just setup a connection through wifi and was off to the races. I'm on Lion so I'm not sure where the differences start.

On another note, I'm falling in love with the OSC idea. Makes me regret selling my iPad. I just love the feeling of true wireless control.
    MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..

Tech Convert

What would I put for settings in the Pd extended thing for the MIDI in and out if I'm not using MIDI Yoke? Or in Traktor for that matter?

Tech Convert

Even having loopbe installed on my computer makes traktor spazz out. And I got touchosc bridge and now use that to connect my device. But i still get the problem from loopbe.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftfox View Post
    What would I put for settings in the Pd extended thing for the MIDI in and out if I'm not using MIDI Yoke? Or in Traktor for that matter?
    http://hexler.net/docs/touchosc-conf...tions-coremidi

That's what I used to get mine working in ableton. Everything else is turned off in touchosc..

I'll try and open up traktor and see if I can't give it a whirl. Been awhile since I've seen that dreaded controller editor screen. :-/
    MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..

Tech Convert

I forgot to mention, I'm on Windows 7, pretty sure CoreMidi is Mac OS only

Tech Convert

UPDATE:
    I got the program working and made a few mappings using the Simple layout as a guide. It works fine with all the default layouts, but any one I make myself doesn't have the green light on in touchosc, and therefore Traktor doesn't have the control light on.

I just use TouchOSC bridge to connect to Traktor which works fine with the defaults, but once again not with ones I make.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tech Convert

Last Update:
    Problem solved, thank god for the search bar.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43295

so basically you didn't the read the manual to get the basic information. Anyway, cool you found the answer. May I suggest you go back to the manual to be sure to get the point of how some controls are working exactly, that's very interesting to get the best of what's touchOsc has to offer.
    Last edited by Yul; 01-13-2012 at 06:33 AM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast