Help with the start of DJ'ing!
    Tech Mentor

Default Help with the start of DJ'ing!

Ok so i am a music producer, but i want to make more money, and have fun by going to local clubs/parties/houses/etc to just relax and play the music the people want to hear (:

So since im a music producer, i dont want devote my time over in order to become a dj or anything, i just want to get a good setup that i can use for clubs, parties, etc. and just mix and be the dj for the night (:

so i was wondering, what would be my best bet when it comes to buying a setup?

i already have my komplete audio 6 soundcard, and now i guess i either need a digital turntable, or get a mixer with two seperate turntables (unless i dont even need that)

Does that make any sense? if not i will try to clear it up further!

Wait... So you want to be a DJ, but you don't want to put down the time and effort to learn *how* to DJ? I'm sorry, you can't "be a DJ" with just gear and no knowledge, I don't think this is the forum you're looking for.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Tech Mentor

not sure if trolling or serious....
    Kontrol S4 | Novation Remote 25SL Mk.I | Macbook Pro | Shure SRH750DJ
    Soundcloud | Facebook | iTunes Podcast

Just buy a 20$ mixer, run a pre-mixed electro house mix via your phone and wave your arms like crazy. Instant cash and ladies.

Tech Mentor

ok,
    no trolling, obviously it was not clear

i want to learn to be a dj
    i dont want to make it a serious life career long term thing
    i need a setup to just let me play wherever i need to play
    nothing special is needed

i want to play at local clubs, parties, houses, etc. i want to take some time and learn to become a dj and need a basic setup i can use at all those places and more. Digital, or turntables, i dont no what to get or how much i should spend if i just need a setup to take and travel when i do go to the local spots to dj and play music

Tech Mentor

fair. coming from an "old school" guy who learned on vinyl and all.... if i was starting now, I'd say just grab an S4 or NS6 and a laptop and have a whack at it.

1. youll find that all the technology in the world doesnt make it "easy" to be a "good" dj.

2. the price to try is lower than ever, so go for it. if not, sell your gear to me when you're done.

3. youll get bigger making good productions than you EVER will just djing.
    Kontrol S4 | Novation Remote 25SL Mk.I | Macbook Pro | Shure SRH750DJ
    Soundcloud | Facebook | iTunes Podcast

If you want to do it with minimal effort, then get an all-in-one portable system like Twitch or an S4. You can get the software to beatmatch for you.

What you can't do, is get the software to phrase match or EQ for you. Or listen, buy, and select the right tunes for the moment, which is 99% of DJing anyway.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud