Xone:1d question
    Tech Mentor

Default Xone:1d question

Hi,

I bought xone:1D some time ago to use in addition to SSL and it works like a charm. But now I'm thinking of putting it to use with traktor pro as well. The problem is that there are 2 MIDI maps on it, where one is used for traktor only and other is used for Ableton and general use (serato included).

Now my question is , do I have to switch MIDI map modes each time I wanna switch between traktor and serato or is there some workaround ?

Thanks.

i've another question, sry i hijack your thread but you can sure give me an answer as an xone 1d user

how good is the jog working for pitch-bend, beatmatching and "manual" djing in general. useful?

back on topic: i think since "the midi mapping" means the setting on which midi channel and so on a software should listen for control orders, i think that you can import the one mapping into your traktor and traktor listens to midichannel X and Y for traktor controls and import an other mapping into your ableton and it will listen to midichannel A and B for ableton controls.

so i think it should be possible without the need of map changes
    ( www.sickinc.org ~ a psychedelic trance ritual )

the reason there are the two settings for the 1D is that the top 4 encoders change their signal under the two modes...

for the ableton mode they send a CC encoder value. However with traktor turning left sends a note every click, and right sends a different note every click, you should be able to use the traktor setting for ableton if you can map increasing or decreasing values for sliders but not sure if you can or not, although there is a program called something ike "max for live" that opens up more mapping possibilities I think.

The jog wheel is terrible, it is only useful for the 4 buttons underneith it, But I like the OP used it with dvs.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by racoon View Post
    i've another question, sry i hijack your thread but you can sure give me an answer as an xone 1d user

how good is the jog working for pitch-bend, beatmatching and "manual" djing in general. useful?

back on topic: i think since "the midi mapping" means the setting on which midi channel and so on a software should listen for control orders, i think that you can import the one mapping into your traktor and traktor listens to midichannel X and Y for traktor controls and import an other mapping into your ableton and it will listen to midichannel A and B for ableton controls.

so i think it should be possible without the need of map changes
    well good question, I only use it for browsing library,but I suppose it can be good for pitchbend as well, not quite sure really.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    the reason there are the two settings for the 1D is that the top 4 encoders change their signal under the two modes...

for the ableton mode they send a CC encoder value. However with traktor turning left sends a note every click, and right sends a different note every click, you should be able to use the traktor setting for ableton if you can map increasing or decreasing values for sliders but not sure if you can or not, although there is a program called something ike "max for live" that opens up more mapping possibilities I think.

The jog wheel is terrible, it is only useful for the 4 buttons underneith it, But I like the OP used it with dvs.
    Basically I wanna use 1d for traktor and serato and unfortunately in serato,midi mode for traktor won't work afaik (top row encoders, yes). So I was wondering if there is a way for midi mode 2 (general MIDI use) to work with traktor regularly ?

unfortunately I don't know anything about traktors mapping accept for what I have read as I don't use the software. hopefully someone else can answer that for you.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

I had a 1d and 2d for a wile and has no problem using them with tractor and generL mode. What exactly is the problem? Also the jogs work fine for pitch bending I mean sure they arn't touch sensitive, but thats no reason to say they are terrible.