Native Instruments hints at new Traktor controller. Xone:K2 Competitor? - Page 3
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Here's my take

Its def the X2
    It is a sample deck controller.
    I doubt it will have a sound card - even though that would have helped it compete with the K2 since it is a sample deck controller it has been designed to work along side another controller .... like the S2

I would also expect a decent update to traktor 2 to add features which take advantage of the RGB illumination of the pads.

Hopefully this means group sample loading, ability to append color tags to each samples/track in your library

I'm personally more excited about the potential improvements to the software than the hardware itself

Quote Originally Posted by CryderSteez View Post
    Seriously. After being underwhelmed with the X1 I'd like another NI option. Is this the X2?
    Underwhelmed with the X1?
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Guru

^ Exactly. Sampler controller makes sense as their next move.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Wow! They're coming at the right moment for me . Was considering buying an additional X1, but with the X-LINK integration of the K2 I still don't know it for sure. Now, there's the X2 (?)!

I'll hope that they have some kind of link-option and maybe with a built-in soundcard? Soundcard is not necessary, but I'm curious what the USP's are!

Furthermore, I'll hope that they upgrade Traktor, so that you can MIDI Learn the MIDI Out!!! It's killing me to find all the channels one-by-one...
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

I like RGB so much more than the typical red green yellow of the launchpad, apc, K2, etc. It's much more refreshing IMO, plus you get a ton of more color possibilites.

Also, someone mentioned they won't be at NAMM. When will they be releasing their new products then?
    Sorry if it's a stupid question.
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

Did I call that shit or what.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=16

I wouldn't have minded a job, though.
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Quote Originally Posted by safefire View Post
    Did I call that shit or what.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=16

I wouldn't have minded a job, though.
    Perhaps! Apart from I hope they keep the knobs in the same position as they were on the X1. Maybe add one on for good measure...
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Excited on seeing the development on this product. I just recently got an s2 and have fallen in love with NI products. Can't wait to see how this controller turns out

god damn native instruments im going into debt because of you

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Here's my take

Its def the X2
    It is a sample deck controller.
    I doubt it will have a sound card - even though that would have helped it compete with the K2 since it is a sample deck controller it has been designed to work along side another controller .... like the S2

I would also expect a decent update to traktor 2 to add features which take advantage of the RGB illumination of the pads.

Hopefully this means group sample loading, ability to append color tags to each samples/track in your library

I'm personally more excited about the potential improvements to the software than the hardware itself
    I couldnt agree more
    Last edited by DJAttackZ; 01-12-2012 at 02:23 PM.
    Macbook Pro - Kontrol S2 - Kontrol X1 - Traktor Pro 2 - Fool’s Gold x AIAIAI TMA-1 (for gigs) AKG 271hd (for studio and recording) on the way: DJM 800 with 2 CDJ 2000s
    THE SET UP

Oh man whatever it is they can have my money now

GIMME GIMME
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast