Native Instruments hints at new Traktor controller. Xone:K2 Competitor? - Page 4
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

If NI is smart they will add a soundcard and the a built-in hub to connect two X1s. Im waiting for the K2 to drop, so I can cop one and return the DX before the end of the month.
    MBP i5 13", NI Z2, 2x NI X1, 2x NI F1s, NI Audio 8, A&H K2, Rane 2016, 2x 1210MK2e, 2x CDJ-400s, RMX-1000, NI S8, MBA 11"

If it is just a decent sample deck controller to go with my S4, I'd be very interested.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

@safefire

Asides from a couple of buttons it looks like your concept is bang on what this is!

It is actually Joostiisme's, originally. I just drew it up in 3D and polished it a bit.

What is interesting, though, is that NI must have been browsing these forums.

I can say I'm frustrated that something I worked on was "ripped off", honestly, it just saves us lot a couple of years worth or RnD, or more!

Still, this probably means that we have a somewhat clear channel to somewhere inside of Native Instruments. Want to fire up the suggestion threads and I'll get drawing, anyone?
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Tech Guru

Group loading and colored sample slots would be awesome, sample group loading is clearly possible since djtechtools team have figured that out for the Vci 400 mapping. I wonder how group loading would work. Would there be a sort of master file where you load that one file in deck c and it just throws in your 4 samples that you associated with it?

unless you own a patent on it, your shit outta luck as you posted it on a public forum, just be happy it was made, but I'd ask for a job that would be awesome!
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Guru

And I think more manufacturers should start including a hub just so much more convenient, however I'm sure this has certain costs associated with it and isn't something everyone needs.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Here's my take

Its def the X2
    It is a sample deck controller.
    I doubt it will have a sound card - even though that would have helped it compete with the K2 since it is a sample deck controller it has been designed to work along side another controller .... like the S2

I would also expect a decent update to traktor 2 to add features which take advantage of the RGB illumination of the pads.

Hopefully this means group sample loading, ability to append color tags to each samples/track in your library

I'm personally more excited about the potential improvements to the software than the hardware itself
    This!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

Maybe I'm ging out on a limb here, but would it be possible that the new controller points towards Maschine integration into Traktor a la The Bridge? Being able to launch clips from within Maschine, maybe even use the step sequencer?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

This controller looks nothing like a Maschine to me. I'm not sure what you guys are seeing there.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast