Vinyl DVS w/ One Turntable?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Vinyl DVS w/ One Turntable?

Hi guys,

I've got a Kontrol S4 set-up with Traktor Scratch Pro and 2x1210m3d's. However, at my term-time University place I've only really got the desk real-estate for one turntable (the other stays sad in the box). My question is pretty simple: is there anyway to set-up a config with Traktor to be able to DJ off Deck A/B with one turntable? This would be a dream!

deck focus

yep no problems to do that, i dj that way all the time.
    You have several options to manage it, but it all comes down to your mapping.
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Tech Mentor

Ah, excellent! So good to hear. Any idea how to map it so it controls both without there being a problem? I'm pretty new to TSP.

its very common.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

Would there be a way to trigger the deck switch by flipping the vinyl, i.e. by going from the 10 min to the 12 min timecode? Just a thought. Could anyone help me get it set up to the Load buttons, more simply? I'm lost with mappings!

Tech Mentor
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

I think i use a technic that isn't very common, but maybe it will give you some ideas.

What i do is, instead of switching the deck that is controlled by the vinyl, i duplicate the track into deck b ( my technics deck is on the left, so deck a is always controlled by the vinyl ), it forces me to reset the eq and everything manually, but i find that it keeps me alert.
    This way i can get a sort of feeling like i was rocking doubles when i play hip hop. I use sample decks if i want to keep a loop from deck b playing.
    I also use cue points, and always lay them down the same, so in any song i use i known what the cue points are in the track ( at least approximately ).
    I do have a button that changes the deck that is being controlled but seldom use it.
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

What i do is, instead of switching the deck that is controlled by the vinyl, i duplicate the track into deck b
    This is the way i would do it. (Instant Doubles in DJ Decks...)
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Lately I've been doing a lot of this as one of my tables broke about 2 months ago when I moved and no where close to fix it.

I run this setup basically like oneapemop says.. I use my stronger scratch hand to mix every track, then dump it to deck B. Definitely always have to keep an eye on the EQs and gains of deck B when switching over, but definitely keeps me more alert too..
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast