Rex's setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rex's setup

Default Rex's setup

Well, here it is.

I've been laid up in the house for the last two weeks due to some medical reasons, so I finally got around to getting all my gear organized close to how I want it.

And thats a PC not a Mac btw, despite what the sticker might suggest

...and I guess I would like a midi fighter pro as well, but I just paid the price for Ableton Suite, so...

Gear/software lineup is as such.

Ableton
    Traktor Scratch Pro

Denon x1600
    MOTU ultralight mk3

Maschine
    Midi Fighter Classic
    APC40
    Denon x1600
    2x Denon s3700
    2x NI X1
    Korg Kaoss Pad
    49SL MKII
    Yamaha CP33
    2x KRK Rokit 8
    KRK 10s

Not in the photo: HC1500 projector which I have hooked up to a laptop running winamp, set to line in, which projects milkdrop all over the walls when I'm in the mood.

At the moment, I've reached a point where I can't really think of anything I would like to add to the mix (thank god).

Other than being a bit confused about mapping the 49SL MKII to control VSTs in maschine, its all running perfectly.
    I can get the MK2 to do the basic keyboard duties with Maschines VSTs, but I'm still on the hunt to get its operation cleaner.

Last edited by Yardsailor; 01-12-2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: typos

Awesome setup. How do you like the 3700's?
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

So is this a standing only setup?

Love the 3700s. Great running stand alone, a few quirks to work out when using them with Traktor, but nothing major, and once you have them dialed in they work Traktor like a charm.

Using the decks and the mixer is certainly a standing scenario, and when in Ableton the APC 40 gets relocated above the PC keyboard, unless I'm running traktor and ableton together into traktor.

Tech Wizard

So your using the 3700's as midi only?

The 3700s are in hybrid mode. Using midi, and the time code signal. Though when setup away from home and without a laptop they work great with just mp3s on a thumb drive.

Im always torn between sitting and standing. My sitting setup I have the speakers in the perfect place.. but for standing its not so optimal

Awesome and compact setup dude

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    So is this a standing only setup?
    Producer chair....bottom right of page.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by Yardsailor View Post
    The 3700s are in hybrid mode. Using midi, and the time code signal. Though when setup away from home and without a laptop they work great with just mp3s on a thumb drive.
    Would you say that the 3700 would be a good platform to learn/emulate Vinyl? If or when I pick one of these up, I would not want to use midi/time code, but rather use it natively to learn not to use a laptop (while using an x1 for 2 other channels). Would you recommend these or anything else?
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast