VCI-100SE soundcard mod
    Tech Mentor

Default VCI-100SE soundcard mod

Hey guys, I'm wondering if it would be possible to mod my vci 100 to make it all in one.

I was thinking of buying either a traktor audio 2 or 6, taking that apart, opening up my vci100 and basically throwing everything in there, cutting holes to make everything fit.

The new vci 100 would just have two usbs sticking out of it (one for midi, other for sound) so I wouldn't have to do any soldering.

Can I have anyone's insight on this? Not to arrogant or anything but I'm really good at creating/designing things and making them more ergonomic and practical so getting this to all work shouldn't be a problem once I have background info.

Also if any of you guys have pictures of what a vci100 looks like taken apart that would be great so I don't have to take it apart and find out it won't work.

Thanks

Tech Wizard

Here you can see the vci 100 opened : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6mdnDCg-O4

I thought about it too , it's a good idea , but you would have to be sure you wont use the soundcard for other applications (could be a PITA) .

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by moss2626 View Post
    Here you can see the vci 100 opened : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6mdnDCg-O4

I thought about it too , it's a good idea , but you would have to be sure you wont use the soundcard for other applications (could be a PITA) .
    I see what you mean but I can't really imagine what else I would use the soundcard for. The only thing I'm considering in the future is doing a little bit of producing, mostly mashups but it's not like I would need two channels for that. And if I got another controller in the future it would likely be an s4, two x1s + a mixer, or cdjs. Can you help me brainstorm things that would need a soundcard just in case this mod would be a bad idea?

Maybe I could possibly make it detatchable somehow?

I dunno, it looks like it could fit, I'll have to think about it.

Tech Wizard

Only thing i can come up with is production (if you dont want to have your vci in the way all the time) or if you want to sell the vci at one point . Other wise it could be a really good idea . On youtube i saw a video of the audio 2 dj opened , might check that out to figure out if there is space .
    You would like to have one output out + usb out the back and on the front one jack for headphones ? . Maybe the only little problem with that setup would be that you wont be able to control the output level from the sound card , which maybe is not a problem for you .

Tech Wizard

Tech Mentor

Hey thanks for the vid! I don't think I'm gonna try to make an all in one controller. There would be too many limits with it such as volume control, outputs, usb routing, etc.