half and double time sync
    Tech Wizard

Default half and double time sync

It seems that if I have say a track that is 73 bmp in one deck and a track that is 138 bpm in another deck traktor does not realize that to sync them it should double the bmp of one or half the bpm of the other. I assume I have to unlock a track and hit the half or double button myself. Then remember to lock it before loading a new track into that deck.

Is there any reason why if to tracks differ in bpm by more than 30% traktor should not automaticly temporarily double or half the bmp of the new track while sync is active even if the track is locked? To me this seems like a common sense feature that was overlooked.

Sometimes when I load a track I already preped the grid is off a bit. Is this from closing and opening a track and forgetting to lock it first?
    Or is this a case of me being tired when I prepped the track and didn't have it right in the first place?
    Will unchecking "Background analysis when loading into deck" keep this from happening. I only want traktor to analyze tracks when I select them then tell it to. It seems to me that standard behavior should be for traktor not to analyze a track if there is already a beatmarker stored for that track. Even if the above mentioned box is checked.

You have to do it yourself. Annoying I know but just click the double bpm button when you're setting up the beatgrid.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Turn off Background analysis.

If you have the beatgrid set and the lock down it will change it if it reanalyzes it, but the cues will remain the same.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall