Question on Popping
    Tech Mentor

Default Question on Popping

So I've searched the forums and found that my best bet would be to adjust the latency, but I have a quick question.

Me and my buddy use his laptop, a Qosmio that FAR exceeds traktors requirements. and we use an S4 and a MIDI Fighter.

We use the DJTT Script and have the laptop streamlined.

What are some good ways to help detect what would be the best latency to use? Whats the best method to test latency settings?

Also, we use multiple thumbsticks on his laptop and have our MP3s off the hard drive. Is this a good practice or should we put the MP3s onto the hard disk.

THANKS

put mp3s on all 4 decks, engage all 4 fx banks and effects and increase the latency until there is no more popping..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Mentor

THANKS! Will do that right away.

One more additional question. What is a better choice, in the advanced tab of system performance, Should we put the processor scheduling to Programs or Background services? I've heard putting it on backround allows the drivers to get priority, but as I said before this system destroys the requirements form traktor.

Tech Student

Put it to background. Try to switch off your wlan.

Some weeks before I decided to setup a second Windows 7. One for regular use and one just for DJing. In this I switched off all the crap I don't need on a gig. I also deactivated the notebook onboard soundcard, the wlan, lan, DVD-drive...really everything. No Aero desktop, antivirus, firewall, security center, Windows defender and no auto update programms.

The performance is really awesome and it decreases the posibility of crashes.