Vcm600 mod question

Default Vcm600 mod question

Hi there. First post and I apologise for it not being in the general 'mod' thread, but wasn't sure if it would belong there or not...

Anyway. I have a vcm 600, which I love, but I want to make it even prettier by adding some lovely bits to it.

Now I have read somewhere that the rotary knobs can't be taken off as they are connected to the board. That's fine. What I would like to know is, can the cross fader, and other faders, be changed? They 'appear' to be the same as other vestax faders, and so I'm assuming it's a case of popping them off, and replacing. I'm thinking the djtt lime green ones would look awesome against the shiny black of the vcm.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help

Tech Guru

you mean the fader CAPS?? yea, those you just pull off, just like any mixer or controller.
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by gordonstrange View Post
    Now I have read somewhere that the rotary knobs can't be taken off as they are connected to the board.
    Make sure wherever you read that didn't mean the actual knob itself. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to remove the caps, just like the faders. Although, that would be a ton of $ worth of chroma caps
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Asand View Post
    you mean the fader CAPS?? yea, those you just pull off, just like any mixer or controller.
    Awesome! thanks for the reply.

Don't suppose you know the sizes? I can't find anything that gives me that info

Quote Originally Posted by Zhao View Post
    Make sure wherever you read that didn't mean the actual knob itself. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to remove the caps, just like the faders. Although, that would be a ton of $ worth of chroma caps
    haha yeah it would!

It must have meant the actual rotary caps. Sorry I'm not down with the lingo just yet!

actually, I think I have just found the answer in another thread. Sorry to be dumb!