"Flying in the Dark" 1hr of Progressive and Progressive Trance from 1999 - 2011

Thumbs up "Flying in the Dark" 1hr of Progressive and Progressive Trance from 1999 - 2011

Some Progressive that I played at a small party at a friends house this evening, my friend told me to hit record about 30 minutes after I started playing. They are a bit younger and really don't know the classics in this mix. I tried to use 3 deck mixing, I'm getting a bit better at it...I payed much more attention to what deck was in focus than my last 3 deck experiment... If you were partying back in the early 2000s then the anthems in this mix should be pretty familiar to you...I hope you all like the mix, please comment and let me know what you think of the mix....As always one take (Duh, it's a live mix) no mastering and plenty of mistakes...

Tracklist
    Behind Blue Eyes & Sun Control Species - Second Sunrise [Iboga Records] (2010)
    BLT - Six Feet Under (Perfect Stranger Live Mix) [Iboga Records] (2011)
    Sound Process - Alone [Baroque Records] (2010)
    Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus (Eric Prydz Remix) [Mute] (2011)
    Eelke Kliejn - 8 Bit Era (Eelke Kliejn Exclusive Dub) [Baroque Records] (2010)
    Sander Kleinenberg - My Lexicon [Little Mountain] (2000) Probably one of my favorite all time songs, Sander sure could go back to this sound
    - Schodt - Cinematico [Particles] (2011)
    Soliquid - Amen999 [Baroque Records] (2008)
    Pete Lazonby - Sacred Cycles (Quivver Remix) [Hooj Choons] (2000) Quivver is such a great producer, this track is some of the best tribal prog I've heard.
    Luke Chable - Melburn (Shiloh Remix) [Trojan] (2004)
    Tilt - Angry Skies (Tilts Re-activation Mix) [Lost Language] (2007)
    Junkie XL - Zerotonine (Slacker's Tens remix) [Manifesto] (1999) Apologies for the bad sounding mp3 it's a vinyl rip
    - Neo - Aura (Cosmonaut Remix) [Electrofly] (2007)
    Katcha - Touched By God (Peace Division Remix) [Hooj Choons] (1999)
    Sasha & Emerson - Scorchio (Full Length Version) [Deconstruction] (2000)
    David West - Welsh Morphology [Anjunadeep] (2007)
    Gunter - Citrus [Frisky] (2010) Apologies for the bad mix, I was taking a phone call
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

This. Looks. Awesome. Dude. Boom!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

sacred f$#@!ing cycles ....
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    sacred f$#@!ing cycles ....
    Such a good tune, really one of the best tracks of the era for sure... these tracks (the older stuff in particular) are why I can't really get into any progressive or prog trance stuff anymore, the new stuff just doesn't compare to the late 90s early 2000s progressive and progressive trance...just sad, all the top producers and DJs started spinning and making Electro House or Dubstep....and progressive in particular needs a seriously long intro to do it properly, the build is the thing (to me at least) and the tracks today are all in a rush to get to the drop... Anyway thanks for checking the mix out Jester, let me know if it's a quality mix to your ears and I'll make a cleaner mix where I don't fuck up so many mixes (3 decks is tricky for me, yet I soldier on)
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

This is right up my street. My lexicon is an absolute beast. Sums up perfectly my favourite genre!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox