S4/ S2 Windows users - Still have crackle and pop issues? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you use Traktor on Windows and still have issues with crackles and pops?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and it is driving me crazy. I've done nothing to try and fix it..

1 2.38%
  • Yes, and I've tried all the tips I could find in the interenet, still no solution.

10 23.81%
  • Sometimes, but I know the reasons and can get around them.

8 19.05%
  • I've fixed the issues and Traktor runs well.

12 28.57%
  • I never had an issue with crackles or pops.

11 26.19%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

When I first got my S2 I had absolutely horrible clipping/lag whenever I'd load a track that hadn't been analyzed yet. Turned off 'dual core processing' and haven't had an issue since.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by 0.0 View Post
    When I first got my S2 I had absolutely horrible clipping/lag whenever I'd load a track that hadn't been analyzed yet. Turned off 'dual core processing' and haven't had an issue since.
    How do you do this?

Preferences, Audio setup
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Wizard

I got Dropouts if my Wifi is on... when iam switching it Off... just a few seconds a dropout... and after this everything is clear... but if i dont use traktor and use only my S4 Soundcard and watching Youtube or listen to music on Soundcloud... Pufff Päämm Pimm.. very few Minutes... this sucks... and videos are stopping 1 sec. So i can't make a Potcast on my Laptop with Wifi... only Eathernet
    MacBook Pro 2.5GHZ 667MHZ 4GB RAM - Traktor Kontrol S4 Mk1 / X1 Mk1 /F1 / Maschine / Audio 8

Soundcloud
    Facebook

Hey Mert,

Yeah, using the S4 as the regular sound card for surfing the Internet and listening to sounds from the Internet is horrible on my set-up too. So obviously, NI still has its work cut out.

I've found a way to reduce the problems some. It was actually an accident. I have virtual audio cable installed and I went through it just for SnGs and for some reason the pops are much less, but then the sound is delayed enough, that videos on youtube look like Chinese Kungfu movies. Hehehe....so no real help there either.

Keep the votes coming. I have an ulterior motive with this poll (towards NI) and need all the votes I can get!

Thanks everyone!

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Traktor 2 used to crackle and pop with me. I did the usual web searches and before using TP2 I do the following;
    Turn off WiFi,
    Turn off Battery (and remove it from my laptop!).
    Run my downloaded DJTT Pro Audio Optimiser Script to prep my laptop

I'm running the latest version of TP2 with my S4, and I still get very high CPU usage every now and then! Very occasionally I will get a click or pop when I have something like two decks running, 1 or 2 effects and am using the jog wheel.

I am running it on a Windows 7 64 bit laptop with i3 processor. Not the best spec I know, but I find it disappointing that I have to do so much to my laptop to make it run!

Tech Mentor

i had a little problem with wi-fi and with hi cpu...but i've fixed it
    I'm back guys
    One Dream http://soundcloud.com/stefanomdj/one-dream-stefanomdj
    StefanoM. Dj

If I have an issue I just use SHIFT+T, SHIFT+T, SHIFT+T. Works a charm.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Windows 7 on an Asus G73 (i7, nVidea 460m, 2 hard drives, 8g ram)

Had tons of issues with the software being non-responsive, it was reading the controller fine but nothing would play. When it would play I would get random freezes that would last anywhere from a second or two to me having to restart Traktor. Then it changed to irritating buzzing sounds when turning on effects or other commands.

So solve it I did the following:
    - Set up dual boot
    - Turned off windows aero and all other effects
    - totally disabled my wireless (not just turned off)
    - disabled my internal soundcard and speakers
    - don't have any software installed other than itunes and traktor
    - made sure usb ports don't go to sleep ever
    - gave running apps processor priority
    - stopped a lot of startup processes like the print spooler or windows updates
    - performance settings are as high as they can go

After that I still had the software freeze on me twice at one house party so I went back to trouble shooting and found that my track pad drivers were causing problems.

- I uninstalled Synaptics and switched to the default windows track pad driver

changing to the default windows drivers for the track pad seems to have gotten rid of the last of my problems, which probably means that half the stuff I did before that was totally unnecessary but oh well.

I still get buzzes sometimes when I turn the filters for the first time after starting the software. Now when I turn on the s4 I'm in the habit of turning all the filters to both of their extremes then back to zero. I do the same with the effect dry/wet knobs, the channel faders, and sometimes the eq knobs. I'm pretty sure it just has something to do with them being calibrated when you start the software and s4.

Tech Wizard

solved major CPU/audio problems by using software from iobit

Check my post:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45978

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast