Lighting? Should I get one more light?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lighting? Should I get one more light?

Have a 4 light stand. Can extend to 12ft or something like that. So far i have the ADJ vertigo tri-led, ADJ big shot strobe, Mini Galaxian Laser, I have one more spot left. I have a 130$ budget. Should I get another light? If so, what type? Want your ideas! Will be mobile DJ, DJing crowds up to 100-200kids maybe more. Thanks

yes get more lights... get 2 of everything
    but at more in time... if the budget is low for now.

if you dont have a hazer get one of them asap
    (i never recommend smoke machines as alot of venues dont allow them, but a hazer is more subtle)

anyways to answer the question,

id highly recommend the ADJ REVO SWEEP (ive got 2 of them)
    cheap and cheerful and provides wide coverage of light and great for bouncing of walls in rooms of any size...
    how ever i dont think they make them anymore, i think they have just updated them to the JELLY FISH... worth checking out if your on a budget...

ADJ SWEEP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4iMtkELNr4

ADJ JELLY FISH
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKrnMcI-bZg
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

for the love of god... save money, and DO NOT get any of those cheesy lights mentioned above. They are extremely corny, cheap, and make you look like an amateur.
    While moving heads are probably out of your price range, some decent scanners are something you can afford if you save a little longer. Chauvet has some great entry level ones.
    http://www.idjnow.com/StoreModules/P...-DeID=0--SRCH=

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    for the love of god... save money, and DO NOT get any of those cheesy lights mentioned above. They are extremely corny, cheap, and make you look like an amateur.
    While moving heads are probably out of your price range, some decent scanners are something you can afford if you save a little longer. Chauvet has some great entry level ones.
    http://www.idjnow.com/StoreModules/P...-DeID=0--SRCH=
    Scanners only work well when you have more than 1.

chauvet makes some great lights too. check out the Vue 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by no_rex4u View Post
    Scanners only work well when you have more than 1.
    Since you might have in inability to decipher the code that an "s" at the end of a word forms, here you are.

In linguistics, plurality or [a] plural is a concept of quantity (i.e., grammatical number) representing a value of more-than-one. Typically applied to nouns, a plural word or marker (morpheme) is used to distinguish a value other than the default quantity of a noun, which is typically one. Plurality is a linguistic universal, represented variously among the languages as a separate word (free morpheme), an affix (bound morpheme), or by other morphological indications such as stress or implicit markers/context.
    In the English language, singular and plural are the only usual grammatical numbers, with minor dual exceptions ("both", "either", etc.)
    A plural is commonly abbreviated pl. in dictionaries. In part-of-speech tagging it has other notation which distinguish different types of plurals based on the grammatical and semantic context.

In English, the plural is usually formed with the addition of -s (e.g., one cat, two cats; one chair, two chairs) or -es (e.g., one bush, two bushes; one itch, two itches). Generally, -s is added to all nouns that end in a voiceless consonant, vowels, or voiced non-sibilants, whereas -es is added for nouns ending in a sibilant sound. Nouns that end in e are a noted exception; though e may form a sibilant sound, -s is used (e.g.,. one tree, two trees; one bee, two bees).
    Some plural forms require more noticeable changes in word structure. Most words ending in a y preceded by a consonant are pluralised with ies (e.g., one lady, two ladies; one cherry, two cherries). Some words ending in f are pluralised with -ves (e.g., one leaf; two leaves; exception: one roof; two roofs). Words ending in x are often pluralised with -ces (e.g., one matrix, two matrices; one index, two indices). Words ending in us often replace the us with -i (e.g., one cactus, two cacti; one fungus, two fungi). A subset of words ending in um or on are pluralised by replacing with -a (e.g., one forum, two fora; one criterion, two criteria).
    Other variations occur where vowels and consonants change in the middle structure of the word. Such examples are, (1 die; 2 dice), (1 goose; 2 geese) and, (1 mouse; 2 mice).
    A small class of words have identical singular and plural forms: e.g., one sheep, two sheep; one aircraft, two aircraft.
    See English plural#Irregular plurals for more examples of irregular pluralisation.
    Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    scanners

the guy was asking for something on a budget/ something to light up a room with up to 200 people, them scanners you posted are good but not for his budget or requirements.
    he would need a very least 2 (or more) of them do get decent light coverage and effect
    he wont be able to afford to pay out on multiple lights/DMXcables/controllers etc...
    the light you posted is a good 100 dollas more than that guy can afford at a
    Guaranteed Lowest Price: $229.99

the REVO SWEEP/JELLY FISH (129,dollas from the web store you posted)
    are great value for money with great light coverage and brightness and can be a great addition to a more expensive/updated-in time set up.

LED Shadow if you already have a DMX controller, super sick light imo

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
    LED Shadow if you already have a DMX controller, super sick light imo
    +1

also the Chauvet Colorpalette is also a nice versatile bright light, good for putting a nice wash on the dance floor or providing up and stage lighting

I would say some wash lighting... one of the colorstrips from chauvet or similar offerings from adj would do it. Should be right in your price point.

My opinion is that lighting should be kept simple and minimal. I think some wash lighting that can fill your area and then some feature lights (in even numbers) that add movement. For feature lights I would recommend scanners if you can swing the price for a pair, or else look into something like ADJ Revo Rave's that can be master/slaved together. They don't actually move like a scanner does, it does rotate, but it ads that motion effect for much less than scanners.

If you just use feature lights like most corny dj's do then the lights look like a mess on the dance floor and it just defeats the purpose. Again, wash lights (strips, par cans, or panels) and matching master/slave feature lights in even numbers like scanners or rotating moonbeams.

thats what I think at least

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast