Daft question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daft question

Default Daft question

Hi,

Bit of a daft question really, but im wondering if someone on here can help me with me being a noob to all this.

My kit list is as follows:-

Macbook Pro with OSX 10.6.8
    Traktor Software v1.2.7
    M Audio Fast Track Ultra sound card (connected via USB to the Mac)
    KRK Rokit RP5's - Connected to the M Audio
    Behringer BCD3000 (connected via USB to the Mac)

I seem to be having terrible trouble in getting a reliable set of midi mappings for the Behringer and also getting any headphone output from the BCD3000 to Headphones.

Any assistance would be greatly received.

Revingtosh
    Last edited by revingTOSH; 01-15-2012 at 04:42 PM.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Well regards the headphone output.

You shouldn't be using the headphone output on the Behringer at all, you'll be using it as a controller only.

Use the headphone out on the Fastrack as Traktor only supports one Audio Card.

Thank you very much Deevey.. that clears that up a little bit!

When i was setting it all up yesterday i managed to get headphone output from the M Audio box, however i wasnt able to fade tunes in and out of the headphones from either deck if you know what i mean.

In other words, everything coming out of the monitors was being duplicated though the headphones.

If this makes sense too... when i click the 'Headphone' buttons within Traktor, the audio being played from the monitors increases in volume significantly too.
    Last edited by revingTOSH; 01-15-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post

Use the headphone out on the Fastrack as Traktor only supports one Audio Card.
    not true. i recommend using the fasttrack, but if you really wanted to you can get traktor to use both the fasttrack and the bcd. you have to go into you macbook settings and create an "aggregate device" that contains both the fasttrack and the bcd. it essentially makes the computer and traktor recognize both soundcards as a single one with the combined inputs and outputs. this is also useful if you want to add the headphone out of your computer to your interface. be warned though, this will affect your computer's performance.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1215

PS

I thought this thread was going to be about daft punk
    onesheet.com/th0ughtcr1me
    spinning and creating hip-hop/electronic music

Tosh, I have a BCD3000 as well, however I'm using it as an fx unit with my DVS. I had a hard time finding a good mapping for traktor as well, and ended up just mapping it myself. However, I believe if you search cheft on google, there are some mappings he has done.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Can you tell me what version of Traktor you are running? Im wondering if my version is too new, or not.

not true. i recommend using the fasttrack, but if you really wanted to you can get traktor to use both the fasttrack and the bcd. you have to go into you macbook settings and create an "aggregate device" that contains both the fasttrack and the bcd.
    Well Technially it is true, Traktor does only support one audio card at a time. You'd be creating a new "virtual" sound card by combining the two(or more). But as you mentioned you end up with higher latency, less stability (arguable) but no real benefits for his purpose - just wanted to keep it simple

In other words, everything coming out of the monitors was being duplicated though the headphones.

If this makes sense too... when i click the 'Headphone' buttons within Traktor, the audio being played from the monitors increases in volume significantly too.
    Sounds like you have the headphone set to output, which dupes the RCA's .. its been a while since i had a FT pro, but "I think" its a setting in the m-audio panel somewhere to use the headphone as individual output channel.

Answer to your fastback question:

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=62472

Hi,

Apologies for the bum steer, but i dont have an M Audio fast track Pro, i have a fast track Ultra, just realised, sorry.

Does this change the advice which you gave? Only im not having much luck with this. Would it help if i upload some screen shots? If yes, let me know which ones you need to see and i'll do it.

Ta

BCD = tekki
    SC | MC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast