Broken Pioneer 800. NEED HELP. Never seen anything like this...
    Tech Student

Default Broken Pioneer 800. NEED HELP. Never seen anything like this...

I was hosting a show a couple nights ago during a DJ performance lost sound from Pioneer 800. All channel lights (even one with nothing plugged in) all went to constant peak yet no output sound. Tried to restart and same thing happened. Luckily I swapped out for a backup mixer but i really would like to know what could be wrong with the 800!

Upon bringing it home the same thing is happening. No output signal from any of the outputs from using any inputs. I noticed that the constant peaked out channel lights will change with color knobs, when tuned to dry they go all the way down. When on "harmonic" color setting there are no lights at all. And when flipped to the phono switch the channel volume indicators start showing sound to the tempo of the tap or auto tempo on the effects unit.

Can anyone help me get to the bottom of this?!?!?!

the 700 in my bar did something similar, turns out the line faders needed replacing
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Tech Mentor

The only time, well a fair few times as i'm a club sound guy, i'v seen a pioneer mixers leds light with no input is when it had a drink. But if you were using it and are sure it hasn't had one i'm not sure what it could be.