Gat Decor - Passion (Celebrity Murder Party Remix)
    Tech Mentor

Default Gat Decor - Passion (Celebrity Murder Party Remix)

http://www.celebritymurderparty.co.uk/showcase.html

Part of an upcoming album of Piano / classic rave tracks done in a more up to date Tech / Electro House vibe.

Downloads are only available online for a short period of time.

Please let me know what you think, or if you have any comments on production / arrangements.

Ta,

Jez

here's a slighty surreal clip of Pete Waterman interviewing DJ Phantasy at The Eclipse in Coventry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeQWx8x50yk

Gat Dacor. Never has a track be so singly defined by a 6-second fragment.

Sad to see you lost the bassline part, but you're right, the remix is more upfront.

Tech Mentor

Yeah i actually made a version with the bassline in but it just didn't kick as much (without the bobby byrd loop).

Tough one to do (deliberately) as most people regard it as a stone cold classic, so i thought i'd try and do something that (hopefully) wasn't quite as obvious as just replacing the drums with more modern samples. Losing the pad chords was a tough call too.

Ummed and Ah'd about how to bring in the piano and rather than fade it in or lo pass filter it, i thought i'd just put it straight in there and then do the whole build thing later.

Tech Wizard

hmm really good production with what you've done but I have to agree with prev comments - Gat Decor to me has to have that bass line and pads - and the cheeky prodigy sample too :-) but yes I take your point Jez difficult to not give the impression that the tunes just been given a cursory update and not much thought has gone into it.

hmm...

however

your treatment of Feel Real Good by Manix is stomping - love it. And your parties look like lots of fun :-)