Customized/Refurbed Technics - Worth it? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Nicadraus View Post
    Let me know when you're nearby.
    Not too near but i'm from Sarawak, Malaysia...a state next door

Quote Originally Posted by Nicadraus View Post
    Thanks! The platters are completely sanded down and scraped. I didn't use sandblast machine for it though. Just 4 grits of sand paper (400cc, 600cc, 800cc and 1200cc grits) and s steel brush to remove the oxidation. All these procedures done while little water is running through.
    What about your steps after you have painted them. How do you bring back the silver dots so nicely? You obviously sand it down, but it looks perfect!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I'm debating just taking 4 decks to someone and have them sandblast and paint them gloss white, wonder what that would cost... Or maybe just have them sand blasted and I'll paint them.
    Xone, have you heard of any shops in S. FL that customize TT's? I've been asking arouand found places that service them, but not paint. Perhaps if Papo is also in we could find a place to send our decks to get painted? Group purchase.

I'm still in the stages of figuring out how to replace my RCA's
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Xone, have you heard of any shops in S. FL that customize TT's? I've been asking arouand found places that service them, but not paint. Perhaps if Papo is also in we could find a place to send our decks to get painted? Group purchase.

I'm still in the stages of figuring out how to replace my RCA's
    I have a friend that owns a body shop here in Miami. He's been in the business for over 25 years and does excellent paint work. He's actually painted of few of my previous cars. I will ask him how much he would charge to paint 2 decks. (Including the sanding or sandblasting and prepping of the decks)

I can show you how to replace the RCA cables if you'd like.

I don't want to paint my two decks, as these are my prized possessions. My dad bought them for me when I was 13 and have been the only owner. Even though they may have blemishes, I would like to keep these as original as possible.

I put in the LED kit Xonetacular sold me because I did not have to mess with any of the original boards. I can always put the original lights right back in without much effort.

However, as soon as I get some of Xonetacular's luck and find myself a pair of Mk5's and have them as my second pair, I would love to customize /paint them asap, etc.....
    Last edited by papo; 02-01-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Sorry for the bump, just looking for a bit of advice.
    I've gone to the effort of pulling apart my decks, sprayed them, wet sand... etc.. Very happy with the result. But I'm looking at options to recreate the logo. Looks a bit naked without it.
    I've seen the stickers and they look pretty shoddy IMO. So I'm wondering if anyone has used these metal nameplates? They look quite nice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251198639906...84.m1555.l2649

Bump. I've had a pair of MK2 1210's for some time, they were my babies. Loved them. They never had any issues, I calibrated the pitch faders and and cleaned them up, perfect. I was given the option to upgrade to some MK5's at a good price, excellent condition. However, I now have pitch judder. On one turntable, the Reset lock light appears to work intermittently and when the reset button is pressed the turntable wobbles. If I set it at 0, hit reset, I get a slight wobble. Occasionally when I press it, it gets sort of stuck wobbling until the reset is pushed again.

Lots of places seem to recognise it as a Panasonic manufacture fault but what is the fix? Everywhere is very secretive. What should I be looking at changing and how big a job are we talking? Any advice guys?

Bump cause I just bought a set of 1200 mk5...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456