Such Thing As Upgrade From VMS4?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Such Thing As Upgrade From VMS4?

I've had my VMS4 for a little while now and I feel it's time to buy something new. I play at a club so I've got some cash laying around. Now I really love the VMS4 because of all the features on it, 4 in/out soundcard, layout and amount of buttons/knobs, analog mixer, durability. The only thing I can say bad about it are the jog wheels. The things are tiny and I feel embarrassed at the club(not as much as the guy that came in with a mixtrack...claiming to have technics). I want to know is there any midi controller that would feel like an upgrade? I need something that is made for Virtual DJ or is compatible because I have VDJ Pro Full and I might as well use it instead of buying another software(don't regret this choice other than poor timecode configuration). I like the cool controllers like the Twitch but not sure if I would like living without jogwheels but it would be pretty cool and something I could get used to. Anyway I feel like this could be a interesting thread. Let's hear your opinions!

P.S. Willing to wait for something coming out in NAMM
    Last edited by roshanbhoj; 01-15-2012 at 11:44 PM.

this sounds like a case of tiny jog syndrome.. honestly tho what are you looking for from your jogs? scratching? an s4 would be a good upgrade since your able to plug in tt or cdjs.. but if your happy with the vms4 (which is a nice unit) and dont need to scratch i think your just going to have to live with your tiny jogs
    Macbook Pro - Kontrol S2 - Kontrol X1 - Traktor Pro 2 - Fool’s Gold x AIAIAI TMA-1 (for gigs) AKG 271hd (for studio and recording) on the way: DJM 800 with 2 CDJ 2000s
    THE SET UP

Tech Mentor

Yeah I see but I really don't want to use Traktor, I proudly say I like VDJ better. I considered the S4 but not worth it because I would then have to buy the upgrade. And I hope you're not right...I could live without the 4in/out. BTW I bolded some important information in the thread post, check it out.

Default Such Thing As Upgrade From VMS4?

If you get an ns6 itch is free. Really some of the best jogs I've ever felt on a controller, and that's coming from using technics.

Tech Mentor

Yeah I've been looking at the NS6 for the past 15 minutes and I was about to post about it. It looks pretty cool and not as clunky as the NS7. I really like it and it's mappable to VDJ easily. The lights would be great and look great in the club too. I'm really interested in it now. I like the outputs it has too. I'm still looking for something to say bad about it and I haven't found anything.

I'd say the VCI-400 hands down for an upgrade, It's the only controller that is designed to last with abuse, everything else has about a 2 year lifespan before something gets worn out.

for timecode settings in vdj check this thread on the vdj forum
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    I'd say the VCI-400 hands down for an upgrade, It's the only controller that is designed to last with abuse, everything else has about a 2 year lifespan before something gets worn out.

for timecode settings in vdj check this thread on the vdj forum
    I looked into the VCI-400 but I, like many other people, think it's over priced. There are only two things I can complain about which is no booth output and no stand alone mixer function. And it actually looks a little awkward. That controller one of the ones at the bottom of my list.

And as for the VDJ timecode, it has no hope. I've gone through heck and back trying to set it up with support and when it does work there's always something wrong in the near future. No reliability in timecode. I really love VDJ though, don't get me wrong.

not sure what you mean, mine run perfectly within 5-6% pitch range, beyond that it starts moving a little, post a pic of your timecode screen if you want some help with it, that's mine, not the roundest, but working perfectly...

Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

Well I've gone hours and hours configuring and talking with support on issues with it. Like sound issues while using timecodes. None of the agents could figure it out so I kinda gave up on it. I appreciate the help but I rather stick to the topic though. I'm done with all that.

Tech Mentor

Question: Are the jogwheels on the NS6 the same as the jogwheels on the Mixtrack, Mixtrack Pro, and the N4?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast