VJ'ing with the Wii-Mote ....

Default VJ'ing with the Wii-Mote ....

hehe, fun with the wii-mote...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLXf_bTF7eg&fmt=18

First time trying this out, running a wii-mote thru my laptops bluetooth signal. It gave me a chance to actually walk around and not confined to a single spot. SO FUN!

Wii mote was programed to do clip changes using the directional pad, 2 layers, B button was used as a 'tap' to keep the visuals in time with the BPM's the DJ's. I added a wobble effect by shaking the wii mote. It happens only when you press 'A' to trigger it. The rest of the buttons were random effects that beat in time with the music playing.

You could write up a tutorial on how you got your wiimote to interact with your pc and we could throw it up on the blog if you like - it would be great advertising for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    You could write up a tutorial on how you got your wiimote to interact with your pc and we could throw it up on the blog if you like - it would be great advertising for you.

i actually started a video tutorial of how to sync traktor and vdmx, but i got sidetracked with other projects, I should have that up sometime soon, Im guessing some people would be interested in that

We would be happy to have you write audio visual tutorials and get link backs to your eyensee.tv site. Mail info at djtechtools when you have something put together

Tech Wizard

We've been practicing adding 2 wiimotes to our 3 man setup over the last month or so, great fun!

Each wiimote has all the controls needed for 1 deck (loading, cueing, starting, looping, pitchbend etc) + one of the fx units in traktor

Fus

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    You could write up a tutorial on how you got your wiimote to interact with your pc
    I got the tutorial from here: http://moongold.me.uk/vdmx/ and from there I just tweaked it to how I wanted it to work.

So really, when you think about it, you can do that with visuals and also map the wii mote to your traktor (forgot what site showed the tutorial for that).. and you could pretty much have an Audio/Visual Performance & do your whole set without ever having to touch the decks/midi controller.

Trust me, being able to control the crowd (in my case with visuals) and dance with everyone else is waaay too much fun.