Is there a less spammy and annoying way to make $ than these new "text enhance" ads?

Default Is there a less spammy and annoying way to make $ than these new "text enhance" ads?

I know DJTT needs to make money and all and I don't mind banner adds or anything but these new "text enhance" ads that popped up today that automatically change words into URLs are really lame and annoying. Normally I wouldn't register on any forum that I come across that uses them since it makes the whole thing look like a giant cluttered spam fest.

I would rather donate a few bucks to support the forums a month than see this nonsense for big pictures advertising irrelevant stuff that has nothing to do with anything on here.

Last edited by Xonetacular; 01-16-2012 at 02:24 PM.

AdBlockPlus
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    AdBlockPlus
    Not sure if it works for these and it still doesn't work since the forum automatically changes certain words into URLs/ads.

edit: nevermind, got it

back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Not sure if it works for these and it still doesn't work since the forum automatically changes certain words into URLs/ads.

edit: nevermind, got it

back to normal
    I have yet to see one and im using adblock plus

cant they sell the marketing information from the database to the manufactures, This seems to be the biggest forum of dj's on the internet, with a wide and captive audience. companies pay big for information about consumers as it saves them the hassle of finding and collating it themselves.

I would think this community would be an excellent resource for them especially with all the competition around now. And would provide information to companies how effective their products marketing campaigns are, and who their major demographic is.

Haven't seen an add though, and im even not using a virus scan on my windows tablet
    Last edited by synthet1c; 01-16-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

@synthet1c I hear what your saying there but the biggest problem it's that all a company needs to do is hire someone to snoop through the forum for a week solid to gather what ever info they need. Fair enough they won't get too much persional info but they will get a whole lot of feedback from there products and future wants.

Default Is there a less spammy and annoying way to make $ than these new "text enhance" ads?

I am not opposed to donating to this forum on order to remove these ads, but I can say from experience that a few good members donating easily turns into a monthly goal, and goes from making you feel food for donating to making u feel obligated. Wouldn't mind paying for a VIP account like on djforums though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I would rather donate a few bucks to support the forums a month than see this nonsense for big pictures advertising irrelevant stuff that has nothing to do with anything on here.
    Yes can we please have a donation section please