Turntable Advice
    Tech Mentor

Default Turntable Advice

So I have a 2 chan mixer, audio 4 dj (with the control vynl records and everything), an x1, and a maschine (EDU EDITION ).... When i first got the mixer x1 and and traktor scratch duo i thought i was gonna save up for turntables. However, i noticed the maschine and i also wanted to get into production... so i got the maschine edu.... Things didnt turn out how i wanted them to and i hate using my maschine and intraktor and i dont produce.... i really want turntables again to learn to scratch and beatjuggle (My original plan)... do you guys think i can get anything for just the maschine hardware? whats the best turntables for a cheap dollar? thanks dj gringo

Default Turntable Advice

I'll give you 150 for the maschine lol likely list on eBay seen some without software check it out but would buy if in north America preferably Canada so don't have to pay duty lol

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone

Tech Mentor

150 seems extremely low seeing i pd 400

Tech Wizard

Here's my limited experience.

I have Vestax PDX-2000 tables. Love them.

I thought the Technics 1200's were better, and since that's what most clubs use, I bought a pair. I quickly sold the Technics tables and went back to the PDX-2000's. They spin up and stop noticeably faster. The motor seems to be much stronger. The Technics are nice, but I chose the Vestax tables over them.

My friend's setup is a Numark and Stanton table, I don't remember the model, but the PDX-2000 tables blow them out of the water too.

Tech Mentor

I'm sure you have heard the saying 100s of times before, but in regards to most everything including TTs: You get what you pay for. Try to avoid going too cheap as while it may work for a brief time you'll most likely want more durable and better performing in the future.

Probably no surprise, but I'd say Technics or Stanton's. Never played on Stanton's but have read and heard some good reviews on them (the str8150 or st150). Never thought too much of Vestax in the way of TTs, but apparently Bamfs01 has had good luck with them.

Default Turntable Advice

Yeah it is low was worth a shot my guess could get around 300 on ebay

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone

Tech Mentor

Why is it that any other company, besides Tecnics, make DJ TT's so freakin ugly. Never understood that.