13 year old music Producer

Smile 13 year old music Producer

Hello , my name is Skyler Harris , a 13 year old music producer from California I currently have 2 tracks on youtube and have a few in the making. I want to get discovered because music production and djing is something i love. Please post all suggestions or improvements i need to make Thank you! -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmCysHZpOCQ or soundcloud.com/skylerharris

Tech Wizard

Skyler its great that you are sharing this track with us. Would you mind telling us a little bit about what equipment and software you are using? Have you taken any formal music training, like piano or guitar lessons?

Thank you! - I use an Alienware M11x laptop, and a M-Audio Axiom Pro 25key . The Software i use is Reason 5. On the Formal training - I take trumpet lessons and am an advanced trumpet player. I also DJ - Right now i am using a numark mixdeck with Traktor pro , but am soon upgrading to - 2 Technics 1200's , a pioneer djm 800/900, novation dicers, and traktor scratch pro. Thank you

Tech Guru

sounds pretty good from what I listened to. Something seems off with that little bell thing though (first time you hear it is around 0:35)

Thank you, im trying to get most things down, but i am still working on good intros for my songs, The Bell does indeed drift off. Thanks for the tip - be sure to check out/rate the other song on my channel

Nice work Skyler!

Now that you understand how you put tracks together \building tracks, you should also take a look at how production works.

IN other words, how to get the track to sound its best.
    I am not sure if you at that level yet, but it is an important part of music production.

You know, rolling off the bass from parts of the track that are not bass.
    For instance, your hats etc. You should be removing the bass totally from these, so they do not clash with any other bass frequencies. It will make you mix stand out nicely and have a 3D sound, instant of 2D.

Good effort bro...keep at it!
    You are only 13! By the time you finish school, you will be WELL ahead of anyone else your age!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Thank you , Ill definitely remove the bass from the hats, i needed that tip, ive been trying to achieve that 3d sound. I have another track coming out soon. Ill be sure to hit you up with a link. Thank You! Very much appreciated!