Kontrol X1 alternative??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Kontrol X1 alternative??

I am using a 2 channel midi controller that uses a shift button to turn the EQ knobs into the effects controls. Its alright but when Im building up on a loop I cant control the effects and release the loop since in the shift mode the loop release button acts as the effect on/off.
    Is there a small external controller out there similar to the X1, maybe some lower brand, all I need is 6 knobs and buttons to control the effects, just to make my life little easier.
    Sample deck control would be nice too but no necessary.

I remember I saw a video on youtube of someone from here mixing on a numark mixtrack and they had the small controller, just what Im talking about.

Thanks!

Tech Guru

akai lpd8

I can't think of an X1 alternative out the top of my head (although they must exist) but I was thinking, why don't you remap your buttons so they suit your workflow better ? This wouldn't cost you any money.

EDIT: ^the LPD8 is a good choice indeed
    Allen&Heath Xone:22 - NI Kontrol X1 - Novation Launchpad - Akai LPD8 - Traktor Audio 2 DJ - Pioneer HDJ-1000/Klipsch S4i in-ear headphones - Traktor Pro 2 - Macbook Pro 13" 2011 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM)
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Nanokontrol ..

Small - cheap

8 knobs / 16 buttons / 8 faders, the faders IMHO are bloody great for FX control. I used to use one when I had my RMX and kinda regret selling it.

Tech Convert

oliosky, thats exactly what I was talking about
    what is better? akai lpd8 or nanokontrol?
    Both of them are around 40$ which is perfect!

Tech Guru

The lpd8 is much better built

imho lpd8 for sure. I use it along side a DVS system and it's perfect. Plus the fact that there are 4 programs (one for each deck) and each one you can use CC mode or Pad mode pretty much gives you 64 buttons to mash around with. I've been more than happy with it for past 2 years, using it both as a main controller (pad mode) and a backup controller incase the DVS goes haywire ( I can run traktor completely off CC mode)
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

avoid the korg nano series, they are disposable.

The nanokontrol is the best of the first series by far and the second series seem to be built a lot better than the first. I've not heard any stories of the new ones breaking at all. Not that I heard any stories of the first nanokontrol breaking and I know a fair number of DJs who have been gigging with it for ages.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

@elio_xh what kind of mapping do you use on the lpd8 when your also using dvs?
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast