Torq Xponent vs. Mixtrack Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Torq Xponent vs. Mixtrack Pro

How come in Amazon the Torq Xponent and Mixtrack Pro are at the same price and yet still the mixtrack pro gets more buys, sure its popular, but to me the Torq Xponent is much better than the Mixtrack Pro. The Xponent is packed with features, it is a high quality budget controller. To me, people should start reccomending this one, already played with it, WOW what a piece of heaven for $249, you're getting a better piece at the same price. And yet still everyone reccomends the Mixtrack Pro, not me. If you ask me, Xponent kills the Mixtrack Pro, if it were a little more popular it would take over the "budget controller market".

I thought that the Xponents were like $600?

Edit: Just saw it on Amazon for $250. Match this up with Torq 2.0 and you will have a pretty sweet setup for the low.
    Last edited by Boomcie; 01-18-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    I did it because it was fun. It's fun to do bad things.

there's still 100quid difference in price between the two on amazon.co.uk - so it's a price thing mostly i guess. it does come with torq but u won't find much love for that on this forum. if the mixtrack pro comes with traktor LE then upgrading from that to tp2 is still cheaper (i think) than the xponent with torq 2.0.

the xponent does look like a really nice controller i must admit tho... it's been around for quite a long time so maybe it just gets ignored.

no clue how good the jogs are on the xponent but they maybe look smaller than the mixtrack - plus the mixtrack is maybe smaller/lighter and easier to carry around.

i don't think u can say the xponent kills the mixtrack pro. ok - well u did but they're different animals....

if they were the same price and the xponent came with traktor too then i'm fairly sure i'd choose it tho.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

It's just my opinion, yeah but Torq isn't a bad software either, it's just not at Traktors level. Still you'd have to pay to upgrade them BOTH so a little more buck doesn't hurt that bad. I thought Xponents value was around $500 and now its half, but people buy the Mixtrack Pro? Its a great deal I don't get it, I've played with them both, the jogwheel size is not alot different just a little. The price in amazon.com is the same at least. They are also around the same size, but the Mixtrack Pro weighs less I think.

the mixtrack pro is more popular and has more/better traktor mappings for it - kind of a catch 22 really.... also odd that the xponent hasn't been updated for so long. it does have more controls but they look pretty tiny from the images ive seen. i guess the price of the xponent has recently come down and that if it had come down a long time ago it would have been more of a contender...

plus ofc there's the mixtrack - for those not needing the builtin sound card that comes in even cheaper.

it's also pretty pointless just comparing these two these days as the market is saturated with cheapish 2 channel controllers. there's just so many to choose from, i remember this being a pretty cool summary: http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2011/12...rs-guide-2012/

also the xponent is 3.7kg compared to the 2.3kg of the mixtrack pro - that's quite a difference - dimensions seem basically the same tho - which maybe makes the mixtrack pro seem less cluttered and easy to get into.

apples and oranges i guess...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Mentor

The Torq seems really oddly made when it comes to size and space, but its actually really good playing with it, good layout for me at least. sure it weighs more, thats all I can get bad for the Torq along with its software, except from that its better than the mixtrack pro.

Having owned an xponent and used verious people's mix tracks plenty of times I would say go with the xponent. To me at least the layout is more fitted for tractor then the mix track. The jogs are about the same size, but the mix track def takes the cake in this department. How ever I think the exponents extra controls more then make up for this. The xponent is also built more solidly (when it came out it was around $600 and it's build quality reflects that.)

Also i've seen the xponent go for about 120-150 used on craigslist where I am which is an absolute steal.

Anyways hope that helped.

What's so bad about the Torq software?
    I did it because it was fun. It's fun to do bad things.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomcie View Post
    What's so bad about the Torq software?
    this forum is very traktor centric. i tried the torq 2.0 demo when it came out and was pretty impressed. nothing wrong with vdj either but not many here seem to use it. hardly even any mention of serato or itch until the twitch came out really...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    there's still 100quid difference in price between the two on amazon.co.uk - so it's a price thing mostly i guess. it does come with torq but u won't find much love for that on this forum. if the mixtrack pro comes with traktor LE then upgrading from that to tp2 is still cheaper (i think) than the xponent with torq 2.0.

the xponent does look like a really nice controller i must admit tho... it's been around for quite a long time so maybe it just gets ignored.

no clue how good the jogs are on the xponent but they maybe look smaller than the mixtrack - plus the mixtrack is maybe smaller/lighter and easier to carry around.

i don't think u can say the xponent kills the mixtrack pro. ok - well u did but they're different animals....

if they were the same price and the xponent came with traktor too then i'm fairly sure i'd choose it tho.
    I thought that the Mixtrack Pro now comes with Serato DJ Intro? Serato DJ Intro is pretty good by the way if you are just looking for mobile DJ'ing software.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast