DJ Sowuz's Setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default DJ Sowuz's Setup

Just started to realize I wanted to become DJ and produce music seriously, I have always had massive a passion for music, and so after a few months of mowing lawns finally earned enough to purchase the novation twitch. I am loving it although it feels very empty on Traktor so I am sticking with Itch for the time being.

Excuse the mess please :P Im 17 and have been living in this room since I was born.

Currently just using an old macbook pro I borrowed form my friend's mom, a decent pair of skull candy dj headphones and the novation twitch with Chroma knobs and faders.
    Looking forward to purchasing an apc40 to start button mashing like crazy on Traktor at one point :P Very simple set up, excited because I'm going to DJ my schools next dance :P

Tech Wizard

Good stuff.

Will the school thing be your first live gig?

Tech Wizard

Well it will be like my first official gig, did a few very small house parties if 15 people can be a house party :P

Tech Wizard

Just shifted things around. Pretty soon going to add an APC40 into the mix, not sure where I'm going to put it though.

I want start producing,seriously, and I should really start upping my sound quality. Anybody know of a great deal or a great first set of monitors?

Tech Convert

nice! i just ordered mine today.. i have a question regarding, connecting my novation to the speakers..

i currently have a x-1 and i'll be using the twitch with traktor.. i understand that twitch has a built in audio card so i can listen to the cue in my headphone.. however, will the tracks be playing through my desktop speakers (logitech) via usb connection?

it works for x-1, so im assuming it does but wanted clarification..

I really like your setup man! The beginning is the best place to be.

Twitch is a good controller.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by briankim921 View Post
    nice! i just ordered mine today.. i have a question regarding, connecting my novation to the speakers..

i currently have a x-1 and i'll be using the twitch with traktor.. i understand that twitch has a built in audio card so i can listen to the cue in my headphone.. however, will the tracks be playing through my desktop speakers (logitech) via usb connection?

it works for x-1, so im assuming it does but wanted clarification..
    that's awesome , the novation twitch a loads of fun and that's only if you use your computers audio card. If you want to use the Twitch's audio-card for previewing you will also have to use it's outs. As far as I know traktor likes to only use one audio-card at a time.

I really like your setup man! The beginning is the best place to be.
    Awesome thanks man, I did enjoy that setup for a while but now I moved almost everything over to my dorm and soon Ill will update this thread with some new pictures.

Dude, get the little stoppers out of the bottom of the chroma knobs and they will sit flush. All you need is a little screwdriver and some patience.

+1 on the Twitch, grrrrrreat controller, I freaking love mine, even with VCI380 & TTs + DVS to use, I still find myself coming back to it

And Itch, is quite underrated, flexible beat grids FTW!

Tech Wizard

Sorry about he crappy quality but that is my little set up I have in my single in college.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast