Mapping an XY pad to Traktor

Default Mapping an XY pad to Traktor

Hey guys,

Basically I got a free Korg Nano pad 2 with my HD 25-1 ii's and was wondering if there is a way I can map the xy pad on it to control the effect dry/wet and parameters.

In which case I could assign effects to the buttons and use it as a effects controller, I understand thats its not the best controller but thought I would see its capabilities since it was free.

Any help would be wonderful.

I have trawled through youtube/google/djtt and cannot find any help.

Many thanks.
    Soundcloud - Check it out

Macbook Pro 13" - Numark Mixtrack Pro - MidiFighter

Tech Guru

I do have a book called midi mapping for bums. however i am having a big overhall of my site you might be able to get it off sum1 there has been over 2000 downloads.

it is pretty easy just treat it as 2 faders

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

General rule for XY pads: drag your finger across the border of the axis you are trying to map, so it doesn't get a double signal.

If I remember correctly (I owned one for a few weeks) you had to touch it near the middle of one of this borders to map it. If you still have problems, just find the proper midi message both axis send and map it manually by selecting them from the list.

Tech Mentor

i mapped the xy pad on my padkontrol.

@Padi_04

I am not sure what to set it up as? Only done some pretty basic mapping in my time.

@no_rex4u

That's nice, but not all that helpful...
    Soundcloud - Check it out

Macbook Pro 13" - Numark Mixtrack Pro - MidiFighter

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Chamix View Post
    @Padi_04

I am not sure what to set it up as? Only done some pretty basic mapping in my time.

@no_rex4u

That's nice, but not all that helpful...
    the way i did it, was look in my Korg editor at what the x mesage was, and what the y message is. and map it out like that.

if you try and do the learn function then it will be almost impossible to not send out multiple messages.

also... if you want it to work where it can turn the knob from min to max, you have to go inside your Nanopad editor and set the minimum value to -127, this will allow you to do "buildups" with your knob, and when you let go it will go back to the "off" position.