Am I crazy for really wanting and considering a pair of CDJ-2000s? - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Why don't you take the CDJ-900? On 'THE' DJ site of my country, they describe the CDJ-900's like this:

You are on a night out. Consider the CDJ-2000 as the girl you can never get, she's too hot. Then, suddenly the CDJ-900 is there. Well, she's not as hot as the CDJ-2000, but she is 'fine', meaning you would do her. When you have a few drinks and you two start kissing, she actually has good kissing techniques and you think "Hey, that's not so bad after all!".

Go for the CDJ-900's and spare the money to give it out for your producing corner!
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by JDFS View Post
    Why don't you take the CDJ-900? On 'THE' DJ site of my country, they describe the CDJ-900's like this:

You are on a night out. Consider the CDJ-2000 as the girl you can never get, she's too hot. Then, suddenly the CDJ-900 is there. Well, she's not as hot as the CDJ-2000, but she is 'fine', meaning you would do her. When you have a few drinks and you two start kissing, she actually has good kissing techniques and you think "Hey, that's not so bad after all!".

Go for the CDJ-900's and spare the money to give it out for your producing corner!
    Never settle for anything less than the 2000

...received an email from Pioneer this morning showing off the new Limited Edition White CDJ2000. I always prefer the darker black/grey/metallic shades, but these actually caught my eye. Probably won't look that great next to a DB4 tho.

92/2D/X1/KRK/Traktor (Toshiba Satellite M50 / PSM51L)
    Progressive Psychedelic

The 900's are slick.

I have only used em once (my residency has em) but I use my APC80.

I really want to try the Slip Scratch mode....seems kickass.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I say if you'll enjoy them get em. But NAMM is happening so any day now something crazy might pop up, id wait it out a bit.

Tech Mentor

If it makes you happy, then do it. I recently switched from a full DVS setup to just 800's and I'll have to say that it's significantly more satisfying just being a able to get home after work and poping in a couple of CD's and going from there.

No more hooking up everything and putting the laptop on the stand and then unhooking everything. It just felt like a silly and cumbersome process towards the end that made me less likely to jump on the decks after a hard day at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg5OH View Post
    Kinda sounds like a big hiss then boom boom wacka wacka boom

Tech Mentor

Fpmsl@ the write up on CDJ900's, why do99% of men think the hottest woman in the club is unreachable?
    When i was single that general attitude of defeatism made it easier for the likes of me to cruise on in there and nail 'em..

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Dude...you SERIOUSLY have the worst case of GAS I have seen yet!
    HAHAHAHA

Just do it bro....get em all!
    I thought I was getting bad and then I started browsing the studio thread on gearslutz and feel like my setup is modest.

Also part of my twisted thinking is that if I get these then my RGAS will fade away since there will be nothing more to get. I know this is wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Destrukto View Post
    ...received an email from Pioneer this morning showing off the new Limited Edition White CDJ2000. I always prefer the darker black/grey/metallic shades, but these actually caught my eye. Probably won't look that great next to a DB4 tho.

[IG]http://www.pioneer.eu/images/news/cdj2000-djm900-limited-edition/DJM_900_Nexus_CDJ_2000.jpg[/IMG]
    Those are actually pretty slick. I don't think I would buy them since I prefer black but could always styleflip the db4 to match.

Quote Originally Posted by Liambo View Post
    Never settle for anything less than the 2000
    Yeah if I'm getting CDJs it's going to be the 2000s. I really want cover art and the jog are a little better. Slip mode is cool though but not a big deal.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 01-19-2012 at 09:03 AM.

To mean cdjs are the perfect middle road between digital and not being tethered to a laptop. You can pretty much play in any manner you want with cdjs. Plus its going to make your mixes better, trust me on that, you will have better anticipation of tracks and drops and such. Thus your laptop mixing will improve too. I went cdjs and have never looked back. I'm investing on 900s for home use as 2000s are just overkill for me.

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    I'd wait for cd-less 2000's, pioneer would be crazy not to release it they would make a killing at around 1000 a peice

yeah, i would really like to see something along the lines of the Numark HDX

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast