needle, stylus, and cartridge
    Tech Mentor

Default needle, stylus, and cartridge

ok so i have two needles, i have a $40 numark one and a pretty much $90 shure whitelabel dj tt cartridge. And your probably wondering why they both different well its because i couldn't afford a second shure whitelabel tt cartridge. and the one thing i like about the shure whitelabel (besides the sound quality) is that on the retail box is says "Record wear : Ultra Low". so i will get a 2nd one when i'm able to afford to drop $90. anyways the point of this thread is to show you a pic of the shure whitelabel cartridge that i own (1) and i want to identify if the "stylus" would be the piece painted color blue. and the cartridge would be the piece painted color white on top of the blue piece? and then the needle is the little tiny stick in between the blue piece?

if this is wrong, can u identify for me, what is what [stylus and cartridge] i already know the needle is the little stick in the middle of the blue piece

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Shure-Whitelabel-DJ-Turntable-Cartridge/dp/B0000WOEGY/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1326988203&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Shure Whitelabel DJ Turntable Cartridge: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31rFyNlqblL.@@AMEPARAM@@31rFyNlqblL[/ame]
    2x numark TT's, djm350, and vinyls/records and that's all i use man.

Tech Mentor

somebody help me

The whole thing is the cartridge.

The blue plastic thing that sticks into the white thing is called the stylus.

needle doesn't actually mean anything, but it can refer to the stylus, the cartridge, or both.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    The whole thing is the cartridge.

The blue plastic thing that sticks into the white thing is called the stylus.

needle doesn't actually mean anything, but it can refer to the stylus, the cartridge, or both.
    thank u