Small controller for sample decks, TSP2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Small controller for sample decks, TSP2

Hey whats up everyone?

Im currently using a Numark Total Control and an X1, and would like to take advantage of sample decks on channels C/D. Im looking for a small controller to add in, where I could load a loop from deck A/B, or a saved sample from my library. I have been looking and the NanoKontrol2 seems like it might do the trick, as it has a knob, which I would like to use as a filter, a slider for volume, and three buttons which I would hope to use for load, play, and mute, each for a total of 8 slots, 4 and 4, C/D

I have no experience with using the sample decks, nor have any clue how to map.

So is what im talking about above realistic for me achieve?
    Or is there possibly a better option out there?
    Can i load a loop from A/B into the sample decks? Or is it just saved samples from the library that I can load up?

Thanks in advance for the insight.
    Jay

maybe the akai lpd8 could be something useful for you

I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Maybe take a closer look at the new NI controller when it comes out. That appears to be made for sample deck control.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    Maybe take a closer look at the new NI controller when it comes out. That appears to be made for sample deck control.
    almost forgot about that one

haha the vid hasn't been posted for all of about half an hour so i can understand how you let it slip your mind!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    maybe the akai lpd8 could be something useful for you
    Why this over the NanoKontrol2?
    It has far less buttons, no faders, and seems less intuitively laid out?
    I understand the build quality is a bit better, but I dont see that the LPD8 offers me anything more other then that.

And I have seen the new NI controller videos, but it will def be $200 plus and seems like its more of a live performance controller, where as im looking for something simple for loading loops/samples and having control over volume and filters.

Quote Originally Posted by jayo View Post
    Why this over the NanoKontrol2?
    It has far less buttons, no faders, and seems less intuitively laid out?
    I understand the build quality is a bit better, but I dont see that the LPD8 offers me anything more other then that.
    ah okay. now i get it. when you wrote for looping and stuff like that, pads came to my mind and the lpd8 would be perfect for that job. also gives you some nice access for fx control since it has 8 knobs.
    but if you think you´d better off with the nano2, then go for it

the new NI controller [...] seems like its more of a live performance controller, where as im looking for something simple for loading loops/samples and having control over volume and filters.

You want to use samples. Ok. It will be live performance anyway. I don't get it.

You can map a controller as want to, that's the point.
    And btw, the LPD8 seems perfect for what you want to do.

I made a mapping (i don't have it anymore sry) that was like this :

Pads top row : samples play when you keep the pad pressed and if you release it stops (useful for beatmaking or pressing samples several times, creating a rythm)
    Pads bottow row : sample play when you hit (better for "long" samples)

And the top row faders were mapped to volume, and bottom row faders to filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    ah okay. now i get it. when you wrote for looping and stuff like that, pads came to my mind and the lpd8 would be perfect for that job. also gives you some nice access for fx control since it has 8 knobs.
    but if you think you´d better off with the nano2, then go for it
    I feel im pretty ignorant with that traktor is capable of, so im just curious to others insight in what best fits my needs.

What are the effect capapabilities of the sample decks? the same as regular decks? In that i mean do i use the same fx slots for the sample decks, or do they get there own set of independant effect slots? And how would the LPD8 offer me greater control of these? Sorry for lots of Q's, im just trying to be as informed a consumer before I make my purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by jayo View Post
    I feel im pretty ignorant with that traktor is capable of, so im just curious to others insight in what best fits my needs.

What are the effect capapabilities of the sample decks? the same as regular decks? In that i mean do i use the same fx slots for the sample decks, or do they get there own set of independant effect slots? And how would the LPD8 offer me greater control of these? Sorry for lots of Q's, im just trying to be as informed a consumer before I make my purchase.
    the sample decks work as decks C/D and use FX slots 3 and 4. The mapping Dope was talking about sounds like it'd be the perfect solution for what your wanting if im understanding correctly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast