Traktor 3.4 and multiple MIDI channels
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor 3.4 and multiple MIDI channels

Hi,

If anyone can help me out with this it would be much appreciated .

I've been searching and searching and haven't been able to find an answer so apologies if this has been covered before.

Am I correct in assuming that soft takeover does not work on an analogue knob/fader when using more than one midi channel?

Example:
    My ReMOTE ZeRO has two custom mappings, EQ on midi channel 1 and FX on midi channel 2. I've checked the pots (and rotaries) are configured correctly on both the ZeRO and in Traktor and have soft takeover enabled...but when I switch the ZeRO from controlling the EQ (midi channel 1) to controlling the FX (midi channel 2) soft takeover does not appear to be working, and the EQ or FX knob in Traktor "jumps" when the pot is moved on the ZeRO.

I've tested this out on the demo of Traktor Pro 1.1 and with another controller (Evolution MK249c), but still get the same result.

I have however managed to get it to work properly using midi pages and keeping the same midi channel (EQ on Page 1, FX on Page 2) - but this means I don't have the very handy display info from the ZeRO that switches when I go from midi channel 1 to 2.

Does any of this make any sense .
    | XP Pro | Traktor 3.4 | Novation ReMOTE ZeRO | M-Audio Firewire Audiophile |

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

This is an interesting situation. Being I'm looking at doing this on T3.4... if no one can get an answer to you by tomorrow night I'll have found something by then for sure.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Hi DvlsAdvct,

A quick update on this, I've just tried using a combo of midi pages and channels.

Example:
    I've assigned an analogue pot on midi channel 1, page 1 to control FX knob 1 on deck A, and then assigned the same pot but on midi channel 2, page 2 to control FX knob 1 on deck B.

Unfortunately no joy, soft takeover still doesn't seem to work.

If you could let me know if you have the same issue that would be much appreciated. I've spent a while setting up hotkeys and midi mappings (which I do plan on posting here when complete) and this hopefully is the last hurdle. Maybe. Perhaps .

Thanks.

Why are you setting them to different channels if they are on different pages?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Just a test to see if it made any difference.

Oh, well, what I think it is...

Soft takeover is supposed to be used when the same message is used for multiple controls using MIDI Pages or modifiers. I could be wrong on this, but my guess is that this is why it's not working.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Yeah, that's what I was thinking - I guess soft takeover can't go between midi channels. Boooooo.

Oh well, midi pages it is for the time being then.

I wonder if BOMES could help with this? I don't know anything about BOMES but I'll look into and post if I find anything out.

You can do this with global variables, I think. I'm trying to work on a similar setup using my VCI, so if I get anywhere I'll let you know
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Bomes can do pretty much anything if you put your mind to it It could do this for sure.

Tech Convert

Downloading Bomes Classic, so I'll see how I get on (it looks a bit scary :eek, but then all new things do.

@DvlsAdvct - let me know if you have any joy .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast