thinking about testing the waters, DVS

View Poll Results: also, traktor or serato for your DVS?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traktor for Vinyl DVS

18 72.00%
  • Serato for Vinyl DVS

7 28.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default thinking about testing the waters, DVS

hey all, im thinking of trying the DVS waters here... ive never done it, although i tried the midifighter with serato, and my buddies traktor with a controller. i want to know what you think would be a good card to get to go from 2 turntables into a mixer, into traktor or serato. any one that can do both programs. i know how they work, but know about jack s#!% when it comes to choosing one.

any help DJTT forums?

Tech Mentor

really a personal choice - just check out both programs and then get the soundcard to match it. Audio 4/6/8/10 will work for you depending on how many channels you want for the Traktor side
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

I have just taken the dive, I have been using tsp2 anyway so I just kept on going, Serato is for more traditionalist style, not saying u can't do some first grade shit on that, I just like traktor better because it has more features and makes more sense to me.

Tech Mentor

cant go wrong with serato.

I'm about to buy SSL for the 3rd time.

BTW, there is no audio interface that works with both SSL and TSP, if that's what you were asking. Go to a shop and see if they have both installed, or try to borrow shit from friends.

In all actuality, I don't think there's really enough of a difference to truly stress about. Traktor has more hot cues and more intense midi mapping capabilities. Serato has a better GUI and actually integrates with iTunes libraries. That's about it.

Tech Mentor

You do know DJTT is Traktor country right?

Tech Wizard

and as I recall DJTT has a couple of serato guys on board...
    I use traktor scratch duo2 (found it used cheaper), but would rather use serato for simplicity
    Last edited by paw_20; 01-20-2012 at 10:37 PM.
    Yeah that's right, I can chat about Dante's Inferno, discuss the theories of John Locke, discourse on the microeconomics of international trade, investigate the kinetics of enzymes in various microenvironments, and model the price of WTI oil futures. But the best paying job I've had so far is sanitation. Thanks liberal arts.

Quote Originally Posted by hrtbrkd View Post
    Traktor country
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by hrtbrkd View Post
    You do know DJTT is Traktor country right?
    From my brief stint on here, I've found this to be pretty true, and as such, I'm going to recommend Traktor Scratch Duo 2.

I'm about to go to a timecode setup with CDJs. $600 USD for Scratch Pro and $500 USD (I think) for SSL is a pretty serious investment when all you want to do is "test the waters."

That's why I'm going with Duo. 2-deck functionality, ability to plug in external MIDI devices, and just enough effects to get you started. If I like it, I'm going to upgrade to Scratch Pro. But I can't bring myself to drop $600 on something I have no experience with.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast