How to: Replace phono cables on technics 1200 MOD
    Tech Mentor

Default How to: Replace phono cables on technics 1200 MOD

Im bored so thought i would create a quick thread from some photos i took when i modded my rca cables.

i was changing my lights on turntable to leds and decided while its apart to do the internal ground mod and make my own rca mod. check it out

first of all i created a template the size of the hole under the tonearm where the rca's enter

then i cut out some metal and drilled some holes and fitted a male and female phono connector

next i did the internal ground mod, wired up the phono connectors and screwed it down

next fit all the covers on

And basically thats it. not a hard mod but it works a treat and im pleased

finally i hard to get angled adaptors as the cables would not fit when the turntable was in position

THE END
    2 x Technics 1200 mk2 | Xone 22 | Torq 2.0 | Akai LPD8 | Sennheiser HD25-1 mk2 Adidas | KRK RP6 G2 | that is all

Great mod... Would be even better if the port was already angled
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Default Ground Mod

Did you solder the ground to one of the RCA grounds? I've heard of people complain about a humming noise when they connect it to a PA system. Can you remember if you soldered it (if you did) to the red or white ground?

Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

See the page of this french guy who produced this piece for a great and clean mod:

https://www.facebook.com/technicshaus/

We are colleagues and both restore ,mods and repair Technics SL MKs in France.
    Here is the link to my page:
    http://www.facebook.com/PoissonPilot...MK2Activities/

He send me 2 pièces of this unit (on the right on the picture) and it works very great and it's look very nice.

Technics Haus RCA Mod.jpg

These units are available for sell at a very attractive price, take contact with Julian for that.
    Last edited by elohyspoissonpilote; 07-13-2016 at 09:14 AM.

Thanks man! I just sent him a email on his FB page.