Upgrading Dj Controller, Considering Ns7, Thoughts?
    Tech Convert

Default Upgrading Dj Controller, Considering Ns7, Thoughts?

So currently I have the Vestax Typhoon. I have about $1,000 to spend (Can fluxuate). I've looked around and i'm a fan of controllers and the Ns7 seems like a good upgrade from my Typhoon. Am I looking in the wrong direction? Help!

- Thanks!

I would suggest the V7's and a mixer. The reason I say this is because there are going to be times when you can't bring your NS7 out (if you need to) but you can always bring the V7's and just move shit around like you would technics or CDJ's. Just a thought.

Tech Mentor

+1 for the V7's. I used to have an NS7 and while it was awesome to play on but playing out with it was a huge ordeal.

Tech Guru

NS6 would probably be another good choice. I had an NS7, it was great....all depends where/what type of gigs you'll be doing.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Convert

Thanks for the replies guys. And in response to haze324:

I'm a mobile gig dj. I spin hip hop , rap , techno , and hardstyle techno. I do Ms / Hs dances and I have a few weddings coming up . ( A first for me )

It's awesome, but I personally miss the FX (as I don't have the NSFX) and you'd better have a car to move the thing around as it weighs a ton.
    Gear: late 2011 13" i7 256GB Macbook Air, Numark NS7, 2x Technics SL-1200MK2, Dateq XTC, 2x M-Audio CX8
    Check my Souncloud for livesets: http://soundcloud.com/dj-subliminal

Tech Guru

The NS7 in the coffin is pretty damn heavey roughly 70lbs, but it's still easier to transport than two turntables and a mixer, and much easier to set up too -- no RCA's, no Serato box, etc. The NS7 is one of the most well built controllers out. It's a tank and the soundcard sounds awesome. So if you don't plan on setting this up in a small DJ booth, then go for it. To me, it's the closest controller to the feel of "real" gear. It just feels great and to me that brings out a funner time and a better set on my part.

I would also consider the DDJ-S1, and the NS6. The NS6 is a little more crammed as it's small, but that also makes it lighter and little easier to transport. The DDJ-S1 strongly resembles a DJM-400+2 CDJ 400 set up. It also sounds great, probably right behind the NS7 in the line up of Itch controllers, it's plastic though so it's not the tank the NS7, but that also means it's lighter to transport.

I think if you are playing mobile gigs, you can't go wrong with either of these. Just figure out your pros of cons of size, weight, cost, etc.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Another vote for the NS6. Solid build. Nice jog wheels and very good feature. Very light for mobile use. Another thing worth looking at is the Denon DNMC6000. It's Traktor and VDJ native. Very compact and light, great for mobile use.
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

VCI 400 is worth a look, works with serato (intro?) and traktor
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.