New mixer question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default New mixer question

I have some basic 2 channel mixer Numark DM 1002 MX but faders seem gone and its very old with not so good sound. My first idea was to get A&H Xone:22, which seems very nice mixer. Any other mixer worth buying in that price range?

I see some 4 channel Behringers and Numarks but I'm worried about quality. Possibly its better to take this xone:22 ?
    Last edited by icb; 01-24-2012 at 12:01 PM.

yeh go for the xone 22,best quality

Tech Mentor

Best cheap mixers out there for me are the: Xone:22, DJ Tech X10, Denon DNX120.

Tech Mentor

What about Behringer DJM4000 (http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/DDM4000.aspx) or NOX303 (http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/NOX303.aspx)?

All around same price.

Tech Mentor

Ok, after some research I have narrowed it down to either xone:22 or DDM4000. Can buy it for the exact same price. I think I'm gonna go for xone:22 as I need quality mixer and best sound out of it and I don't need effects and midi capabilities.

Only thing I'm worried about is that I heard they can be flawed when bought. Some guys had problems with power connector on the back (maybe a lot of plugging/unplugging) and are there some more problems with them ?

Also since it doesn't have power switch, it's not a problem to be always ON (I need it always on as I route all my computers, and music through it daily) ?

If you don't mind buying used, you can pop upon some great deals if you look around (and have a bit of patience).

I was able to score a Rane TTM-56 for $250, with about a 2 hour drive. But it's worth it imo.

There are a lot of deals like that for more expensive mixers than people are moving on from for whatever reason. I wouldn't buy a cheap mixer used, but some of the nicer ones that you may think are out of your price range just might surprise you.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    If you don't mind buying used, you can pop upon some great deals if you look around (and have a bit of patience).

I was able to score a Rane TTM-56 for $250, with about a 2 hour drive. But it's worth it imo.

There are a lot of deals like that for more expensive mixers than people are moving on from for whatever reason. I wouldn't buy a cheap mixer used, but some of the nicer ones that you may think are out of your price range just might surprise you.
    I know what you mean but I live in a small country where chance of finding something decent the way you have done, is long gone. Believe me I tried.

Had one guy selling xone:42 ( which I always wanted but out of my price range) second hand for the exact same price as it is in the music shop new with a warranty. And one guy selling xone22 for almost (~50 Euros cheaper) the same price as in music shop. Unreal really ...

People here definitely like to put a big price tag on something old and used...

Tech Mentor

Anyways I pretty much set on xone 22, but now one other mixer caught my attention: Vestax VMC-004XLu. It has 4 channels which I need , a lot of outputs, but Im interested in sound and build quality mostly and feeling for mixing techno. Anyone using this mixer ? Also what does XLu stands for ?

Thanks in advance.

Tech Mentor

ok, after a lot of thought and some tryouts (used vestax PMC-280) I finally set my mind on Denon DN- X1100 mixer. Anyone has any first hand experiences with it or anyone using Denon mixers to inform me if they have good sound and build quality ?

There's also the Ecler Nuo 2.0 in that price bracket
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast