VCI-100SE user reviews..what do u think?

Default VCI-100SE user reviews..what do u think?

Now the dust settled after the first batch lucky people have received their spanking new SE's, I thought it would be very and interesting to start a a thread so those with hands on experience can say what they think of their new VCI-100 Ean Golden Special Edition...

my take:

For me in just one week it's totally transformed the way I work and think about Djing. Everything in traktor seems so much more accessible and I'm experimenting with tricks i never imagined possible.

There is so much creative potential with this box that I feel i'm just scratching the surface with what I've done so far. Thanks to Ean's vids I easily got my head around the special functions and most have quickly become second nature. The unit layout is so well thought out it makes it a joy to use, everything flows so nicely and it makes light work of almost everything!

The SE has created a whole new level of excitement for me, I find myself clock watching at work so i can get home and have another blast on it, and this has been going on a whole week already. It's like 1992 & getting my first pair of 1210's and a bag of fresh vinyl all over again!!

I've got my first gig with it this weekend and I cant wait for that, although i will have to calm it down some what on effects and cue point mash ups as i might get smacked.

Nice work Mr Golden for pushing the envelope, and creating what in my eyes is already a classic piece of kit, you are a hero for the digital DJ generation and should be head of controllers at Vestax.

Word
    Last edited by jimmymac; 06-17-2008 at 03:21 PM.

Wow- thanks for the kind words Jimmy Mac! I have to admit, it is a lot of fun to play with.

Tech Mentor

Keep the reviews coming!!!
    Thank Ya!!!

I think it's great! I've had mine for about a month now and i've "pretty much" got it all figured out.. meaning, with the right preparation, i can use all the additional features like a pro.. with the right preparation. By no means have I mastered it, but i am moving in the right direction at a pleasing pace.

Like Jimmy, it has also renewed my passion and motivation for music, djing, and even producing.

The SE opens up many new avenues for clever mixes and live remixes. And, because (i must admit) it sometimes feels like cheating, it pushes me to find more and more ways to make it artistic controllerism, versus just mixing.

bottom line: ' Love it!

Tech Mentor

i love it.. my friends love it.. just cant get enough..

seriously this is the way of the future... just it wasnt as heavy.. but at the same time love the rock solid stability.. hmm

anyway back to mixing

The mash effect with the jog wheel has added another technique to the arsenal. Everything works great. My only wish was that the cue buttons were easier to rapid press like Korg's Kaoss Pad 3.

Quote Originally Posted by rBobz28 View Post
    The mash effect with the jog wheel has added another technique to the arsenal. Everything works great. My only wish was that the cue buttons were easier to rapid press like Korg's Kaoss Pad 3.
    ya, i thought they were going to be a little softer, too. They are a little bit clicky. Are these softer than the silver VCI buttons? I think i remember that as being one of the upgrades on the SE. If so, the buttons on the silver must be really bad.
    It's almost a non-issue for me (at this point) because im not going to be doing a lot of rapid fire juggling anyway.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by aiden View Post
    ya, i thought they were going to be a little softer, too. They are a little bit clicky. Are these softer than the silver VCI buttons? I think i remember that as being one of the upgrades on the SE. If so, the buttons on the silver must be really bad.
    It's almost a non-issue for me (at this point) because im not going to be doing a lot of rapid fire juggling anyway.
    I remember the original silver VCI buttons being harder to press than the SE. I've been doing a lot of button mashing so maybe I've just loosened mine up or something.

Yo Aiden, I notice it says your in Denver. Where do you dj out at?
    Hp Laptop | VCI-100SE | M-Audio Conectiv